What's new

Recent content by david.beale

1. D

Translate... french

I have the same issue and no real sight of a fix. I was told that the program only translates modelling info not the words but it sure puts French into the description of things when I export to SolidWorks and this is a real issue right now! Any ideas welcome....
  2. D

Does Alibre have plans to offer Hypershot HD?

Like a couple of other Expert users I find the whole HyperShot thing confusing at the very least! I too am disappointed in the quality of render with the Alibre render package and like the performance of HyperShot - I just can't understand the 'deal' here? DRB UK Expert user I have now...
  3. D

making assemblies move

I have investigated this further and can confirm that IronCAD's view of the "World" is different to Alibre and all other CAD systems I have access to!! Their view has the Z axis where the rest have Y. The resultant mess is most likely down to this I fear....
  4. D

Unable to make avi files with any codec

Dear All, I have installed a new graphics card - and the problem has gone away. Thanks for all the interest and suggestions.I am happy again.....DB
  5. D

V11.1 Generates an error on exit

Reinstalled all V11.1 and the problem has gone away. Thanks for the various inputs. DB
  6. D

making assemblies move

I can't send one file because its too big! .... and I can only add 3 files! I shall send the SAT instead. I think the problem is something to do with the different World-View between IronCAD and Alibre. I suspect IronCAD....
  7. D

making assemblies move

I have just recreated the problem - imported the parts as SAT files from IronCAD, made the assembly and applied motion and the same thing happens. Its a problem with the source files I am fairly sure - the X-Y-Z axis are all shifted about 90 degrees relative to Alibre's view of the world! Alls...
  8. D

making assemblies move

Miles, I don't have the original files as I got so fed up I dumped them!! What happened was a component - a flywheel with a cranked arm - was constrained in a bearing hole in a simple tower - one constraint only for testing. The flywheel spun in place as expected but when it was animated by...
  9. D

I have just looked at the avi file with an editor and it only has one frame in it - a black frame. Don't know if thats significant? Using my laptop I have been able to make an avi using the same model and the 42 frames it produced led to a considerably larger file at 32Mb so I guess the single...
  10. D

The file size created by both the CinePak and Indeo 5 codec is 2.5 Mb which seems about right for 42 frames? I can generate 42 frames OK but the screen is black. The PC plays other avi videos OK and I can generate an avi with SketchUp Pro OK (not that that may mean much as I don't know if it...
  11. D

I get the same result with either codec a black screen. I have tried 'Googling' this issue but haven't had any success. Sketchup makes videos OK as does IronCAD so I am at a loss as to what to do.
  12. D

CamStudio - nice idea but its not appropriate for what I want which is reasonable quality .avi files of just the animated model. Thanks for the idea though. DB
  13. D

Help! Having finally managed to get a design to animate correctly I now need to output an 'avi' file to send to my client and I just can't no matter which codec I select. Some appear to do the job but playback results in a black screen! Using Win XP Pro SP3, 2M RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX560 video...
  14. D

making assemblies move

I agree with all the comments about the flakiness of the whole constrain/animation area. I have had one complete animation destroyed by V11.1, at least one other which causes the whole thing to freeze needing a PC restart no less to resolve. Like another contributor I am losing the will to use...
  15. D

Constraint problems....

I am continually fighting 'over constrained' problems so much so that I am disparate to find documentation that properly explains HOW constraint actually works because I can't determine any consistent rules from what I experience on my models! Anyone have any ideas on this please?