What's new

Recent content by Desertrunner

1. D

Modifying a 3d scanned head, is it possible.

Given the part is still a STEP file it seems a bit unfriendly throwing a few errors. Given that all the ports are being relocated I wonder if I am better off using the scan for detail and transfer it to a new Alibre part design? Interested in your thought on if that is needed. Tony
  2. D

Modifying a 3d scanned head, is it possible.

I have a 3d scan of the part below its a Imported STEP file. I am wondering now I have it in Alibre do you thinks its possible for me to draw in the water jack and a few other features as I want to 3d print the head in polycast. I can out source it but figured it would be worth asking the...
  3. D

Trying to Loft a race car body

Got it to work based on your suggestions Harold but it doesn't quite look right so I will have to cut the existing body further back.
  4. D

Thanks, so it wan't just me. Have a great weekend.
  5. D

I have a body of a race car that I want to change the front 370 mm so I created sketches for the existing body so the new lofting would follow that profile before creating a new front shape at the "Grill". Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Tony
  6. D

Problem exporting a design to STL

I have got it sorted now but yes I can when I go to the computer that has Alibre. I need to get all the bugs sorted as we want to get to the point of printing prototype 4 pot cylinder heads as well as later doing whole 8 cylinder engine blocks.
  7. D

I have taken your advise Mike and cut it back, what worked was mm, 1.25, default, default. even the Ideamaker managed to complete the job with support added.
  8. D

was mm, 0.5, default, default Now mm, 0.75, default, default which reduced the file size in half but the Ideamaker could load and save the file just couldn't slice it as it ran out of memory
  9. D

Not sure if everyone is aware there is a filament material called PolyCast. so you can do a design export it to a printer. print then send to the foundry. This will massively speed up pro typing. My problem I have Alibre Design V22, The 3D software I use is Ideamaker, When I export the below...
  10. D

Moving Assembly and taking all the Children.

Hi, I have a Assemble and I would like to move it to a new file and have it take all the parts that are used in the assemble so I can leave the unused parts in the old folder. Any idea's how I do it. Tony
  11. D

2019 not performing as quick

Hi Max, I can't check that on the machine till next week as I am away from the office. when I do I will come back to you. Should add that I love the software we would be lost with out it. Alibre continually helps improve the profits in a processing factory. Tony
  12. D

2019 not performing as quick

Could some one direct me to the post were Max discusses the graphics as the up grade has made the software useless. I have twin large screens and I need to find a way around the problem.
  13. D

Importing tube from Solidworks design

How do I turn it into one part?