What's new

Recent content by djsykora

1. D

Multi-Color Wood Turning Project

Multi-Color Wood Turning Project In Alibre Design I want to design a woodworking project that is turned on the lathe. I would like the final assembly to have the shape that I desire, which of coarse is just a revolve, but I want several different colors of wood to...
  2. D

Dimension distance parallel to a user selected line.

Dimension distance parallel to a user selected line. When I place a linear dimension between two points I get three options: 1) Horizontal Distance between the two points, which is a projection to a horizontal line. 2) Vertical Distance between the two points, which is a projection...
  3. D

Multiple Selections - State changes.

Multiple Selections - State changes. I would like the ability to change the hide or suppress state of multiple items at a time. For example, if I have 10 user defined planes that I would like to hide, it would be nice to be able to select them all in the design...
  4. D

Broken View (2X) or Double broken view

Broken View (2X) or Double broken view It would be nice to have the ability to have a double broken view. I have a part that is long and narrow but I would like to show details at both ends and in the center, so I would like the ability to break the view on both sides of...
  5. D

B-Spline, Closing on itself

B-Spline, Closing on itself When I make a b-spline close on itself the point of closure does not maintain a smooth tangent constraint. Moving the knots on either side of the closing point produces a discontinuity in the curvature. If I attempt to move the knot...
  6. D

Log - How Do I model a log in Alibre Design?

Log - How Do I model a log in Alibre Design? I know. This sounds a little crazy, but I really need to do it anyway. I would like to design rustic log furniture with Alibre Design and then photo render it and export a .tiff file of the result. Hopefully I can get a tree bark...
  7. D

mate/align Offset Zero Settings

mate/align Offset Zero Settings I would like to see a "zero" button on the forms for assembly part constraints. I often want the offset to be zero and it would be a lot easier if there was a button next to the offset edit box that can be clicked, setting the value...