What's new

Recent content by drbris2@gmail.com

1. D

Constraint Dialog Proposal v2 - Interactive Demo

I like the preview button, sometimes when constraining a small screw or pin the item can disappear inside the assembly and be difficult to find without the preview.
  2. D

QC drawing

Thanks David and Harold, now if I could just figure out how to fill in the Title Blocks with dimension tolerances ,rev numbers etc??? And save that as a template so I do not have to do it again? Does not seem to be instructions anywhere
  3. D

QC drawing

I have a molded part that has shrunk in Z less than in x and y . The part is acceptable as molded but I need to change callout dimensions in a drawing for QC without changing the model. Anybody know how I can do this??
  4. D

exported files have missing faces

Its possible, the original part was exported from Mastercam either as a .step or a parasolid then modified in Alibre (sliced at midplane, one side extrude cut away,face converted to geometry and then extruded with draft to angled planes inserted from original part then saved as a step, then...
  5. D

exported files have missing faces

I have missing faces when exporting files to SW and to Bobcad even though the check part utility in very high accuracy shows no problems Tried exporting step,sat and x_t, have had to resort to getting a friend with SW to repair the model and send back to me so I could cut them
  6. D

A discussion on our release cycles, timing, product naming

Shorter releases are fine as long as they have been beta tested. I work for a living and cannot afford to spend time beta testing software that I expect to work.Just spent the last month beta testing quickbooks because their update did not take into account that if IE is gone they have no...
  7. D

Upcoming surprise :D

GREAT! WHEN ?WHEN ? WHEN? Seems like the original Alibre had this and then it went away when they wanted to sell the range of motion addin
  8. D

imported files have multiple broken faces in 2019

Is there any way to fix solid models that come into alibre with broken faces. There are not surface tools like ruled etc.??
  9. D

Save operation encountered error in 2019

No I use a google drive so that my files are accessible on any computer I have Alibre installed on.Google drive has lots of space available. Been using dropbox for years and have never had a problem before, changed to google drive a year ago, no problems until I installed this release .Next...
  10. D

Save operation encountered error in 2019

Since installing 2019 last week(build 20047) Sometimes it wont save after I have spent many hours working on a model Error message is attached ...very frustrating
  11. D

Measure tool gone

. tried resetting user profile, reinstalled Alibre Changed display resolution worked
  12. D

Measure tool gone

Measure tool window is gone. I can get a measurement by selecting a feature and shift selecting another and the distance come up at the bottom of the screen ,but the window that lets you select angle or another feature is gone???
  13. D

2018 Impressions

2018 crashes when I am also streaming in another window, not every time but quite often. Completely locks up computer won't recognize ctr=+alt +delete requires a complete restart. Too bad I really like listening to msnbc etc while working