What's new

Recent content by elzaan1

1. E

File too big..?

Jip - too big for 3DS - I use now ANSYS SpaceClaim and run up to 1 GB files. Even SW battle. See the machine specs to handle files sizes and the largest in Alibre was just over 500MB and had to convert to TurboCad, unfortunately. I wish Alibre was able to complete the whole project. Parametrics...
  2. E

Renew or Not?

Hi It was on a standstill BECAUSE there was near nill bugs and it is a KISS operation = they Kept It Simple & Stupid. Took me 3 x days to run it full blast.......... So they closed it down for Moderators, hackers, advertising and cost for maintaining something nearly nobody uses. If you only...
  3. E

Renew or Not?

Hi I decided NOT to renew this year because: 1. Alibre (Max) made many promises iro Alibre to be 80% functionality but be 100% functional versus SW. 2. Alibre from 2010/2011 to date have a terrible reputation iro enhancements and repairing bugs. 3. Alibre have promised a PERMANENT low cost...
  4. E

Those Interested Programming - Ducts

http://members.tele2.nl/bouke_1/index.html?comflow Scroll to "Turtle": Such duct design capabilities would be nice in any MCAD. Maybe someone can use it. And it is linked to Free 3D CFD = Dolfyn.
  5. E

several questions for switching to Geomagic

"At a certain point I needed true parametrics, changed to GD (at the time Alibre) and have never looked back" It is true that TC have limited parametrics /sheet model but is anyway something of the past. Also they are looking towards "solids" look as per AC for future updates. Direct Modelling...
  6. E

several questions for switching to Geomagic

precore 77 Most (99%) can be done in TurboCad Platinum V21 - ± $1600. Contact dtaylor@imsidesign.com There is a MCAD module for a lower price. You can buy FemDesigner as a stand alone package and you can get a trial - contact gd@femdesigner.com. Regards
  7. E

Time to upgrade the CAD?

Yep - waiting for the new release, if not to standard with at least mirror functions in both part/sheet metal assemblies - I am gone to SpaceClaim and already tested the SC in the 30 day period. I pulled the GM assemblies of 500MB size into SC and did a interference check and did it in 10...
  8. E

Shaded View - Fault

Have everybody problem in Shaded View in sheets with rounded objects as below in the image ? After the new "update" even the old drawings have the "new" problem. Same machine, same video cards, even loaded the old drivers. Happening from the "new" junk of 3D printability that it is happening.
  9. E

License Surpise

DAVIDJ - tx - uninstalled, reloaded and working because the VIEWER license is a trial in the hotfix and then shut down GM. In a month time it will do it again I suppose. I disagree BIGSEB, the users is super frustrated, I do not even want to be on the forum because of the frustration of GM...
  10. E

License Surpise

Hi David, I know you are not the person to rant to but GM. I am in Africa.....that is already much said , the problem is this 3DS which is a total fu. I had a problem to install and they said they will not re-set and when I have, I must use the 2nd license and then it is gone...that is your...
  11. E

License Surpise

Anyway - is they able to correct my status, and others ? And can they make a permanent solution for a permanent license ? If not, get rid of GM - FAST.
  12. E

License Surpise

I am living in Africa - can 3DS UNDERSTAND THIS - JUST FD AS 3DS. Plain and simple . Sorry David, that is the plain truth and can be said as a spade as a spade. On top of that, again promises, rather the whole program is still one of the most lacking parametrics in features in the world. On top...
  13. E

Constraint Problems

It was bumped already.
  14. E

Constraint Problems

Why have AD this constraint problem - was forever and seems it can't be solved. As can see as the pic & the file it is an example. The constraint will says it is "unable to solve" when from away from "base part". The object is constraint with the normal 3 x constraints. 3 x Object is constraint...
  15. E

Mass Properties

Ralf, I still work with a "Casio" personal calculator and work with the "E" function all the time. DavidJ, my properties is set on mm and the density is as default set as SST 304, 8.030 Grams/cm^3 (default values in Alibre). A stupid calc of 1.896 m x 0.677m x 0.008m x 8030kg/m^3 x 2 = 164.9kg...