What's new

Recent content by ericwhite@burt

1. E

give parts or assemblies a pseudo name, label or category for constraints auto name purpose

Ok that makes more sense, thanks for the correction. I guess I don't really care if this gets implemented. I don't think it would really help me with my work flow. Even a well labeled list is much slower than right clicking the part. I almost never go to the constraint list unless I'm editing a...
  2. E

give parts or assemblies a pseudo name, label or category for constraints auto name purpose

It is much quicker to right click the part you want to change and select "Show part in explorer". No matter what you call the parts I'd rather do that than scroll through a 400 item list. Also wouldn't that screen shot you shared have the same issue? Align RUNKO to RUNKO <1> Mate RUNKO to...
  3. E

Fuzzy looking lines and text (2019 version)

Thanks for the response. I am already using legacy mode and most of my issues are not graphics related. I have many assemblies with a lot of parts so I do not think it is worth mine or Alibre support's time to convert them all. I also fear that would exacerbate stability issues I am having.
  4. E

Thanks for the communication Max.
  5. E

Now this backs up what you said. And I get the idea, just keeping this thread on the stated topic: fuzzy looking text. On a slightly related note is there a way to save files as 2018? otherwise I would be stuck with 2019.
  6. E

That says nothing about the graphics update being implemented to allow for those to be implemented. I don't really understand what your point is.
  7. E

Well unless that has been said or hinted at I think that is a baseless assumption. For the record, I hope it isn't true. The last thing Alibre needs are more 'features'. But again, off topic. This thread is for the fuzzy line issue.
  8. E

I'd argue the whole update to improve graphics was never an issues, nevertheless here we are. This thread is about the fuzzy text.
  9. E

What is considered low res though? Sorry if I'm not following but if text looks fuzzy on a 1080p monitor is AA really superior? Why do other program's text not look fuzzy? So are 4k monitors needed for good looking text?
  10. E

Any update for this? Really take away from the new graphics- a major point of this update.
  11. E

Specs: Win10 1903 Radeon Pro WX4100 4GB 1680X1050 (100%) My driver is a few months out of date. Will update to latest one released last month and see if it fixes.
  12. E

I have the same issue. The 'realtime line widths' has no affect on blurry lines. It is more noticeable when zoomed out. Picture below is pretty much as sharp as it looks on my screen. Almost seems like an AA or resolution issue?
  13. E

2019 not performing as quick

I went to view settings and enabled the frame lock setting @ 30fps. Felt a little bit smoother. Overall, I believe this version is simply harder to run. My boss's ancient (but well spec'd) pc could not handle the update. He has a new laptop on the way. He needed a new one anyways though...
  14. E

Drawing section view cutting plane backwards in new update

Ok so I stumbled upon a "fix". Right click the cutting plane, hit edit, then exit the edit... And that's it... Leaving this thread for others. BTW Alibre team, models look great. Drawings seem a little blurry when zoomed out a bit.
  15. E

Drawing section view cutting plane backwards in new update

With the new update the arrows point in the wrong direction. Is this a setting somewhere? It is definitely not correct under conventional drafting standards in the way it is.