What's new

Recent content by fabcadmz

1. F

Cut normal to curve

I would either model this via Nate's suggestion or by using thicken surface. See the attached part file. Basically you extrude cut a round hole and then use delete face to remove all but the face on the ID of the pipe. Then thicken the surface outwards, use the equation editor for the thickness...
  2. F

Import Surface

Make sure the surface visibility is on. Go to the view tab and check the status of this button:
  3. F

Error in Library feature

I just tested this and I cant type anything that uses a key assigned to a shortcut. For example, in the assembly workspace I have "l" assigned to linear pattern and "r" assigned to replace component. I can type "LARGE" but if I attempt to type "large", it will open the linear pattern dialog as...
  4. F

Saving Step Files

You can download as a .sat directly from McMaster. Use the 3-D SAT filetype. This will download a dumb solid of the entire thing. This is the same end result as an assembly boolean created from a STEP.
  5. F

Precise Section View Enhancement Idea...

With the section view dialog open, click out in empty space in the workspace (do not click on a part) and then hit ctrl+A. This should fill all the parts in the parts to section area. Another method is to CTRL+A to select all the parts and then open the precise section view dialog, this should...
  6. F

Hardware (?) problem.

Linear Topology Pattern will pattern faces a lot faster than feature pattern will. This is found under the part modeling tools, so you will need to enable the part modeling toolbar to be able to use this on a sheetmetal part. It might be worth a shot, but as was already mentioned, Alibre might...
  7. F

"Circular component pattern" with cylindrical face ref. is not working anymore

In assembly workspace, circular component pattern will work by selecting a part edge as the center but you cant select a face. In the part workspace, circular feature pattern works by selecting a cylindrical face but selecting an edge does not work. This seems strange, I would think they should...
  8. F

AlibreCAM Entry/Exit ?

You must set the engage and retract motions to linear with an angle value of zero. Set the length for the amount you want to extend the cut. For this, I would set the approach and departure motions to zero unless you want to control the feedrate differently on those motions. NOTE: the feedrate...
  9. F

2018.2 AutoCAD Export Stundet Version Stamp

Yes, I am seeing the same thing. It appears only on the 2018 .dwg format. Prior versions of this format do not show that. I am using AutoCADLT 2019.
  10. F

Line type not printing

Did you try adjusting the line type scale? I've had lines showing as dashed on the screen but upon printing, the length of the dash is longer than the segment on the print hence it looks like a solid line.
  11. F

converting sketch figures to reference figures

I have a shortcut key assigned to "Convert to reference figures" (there is no shortcut assigned to this by default). This makes it very easy to convert. Just select the figures, hit the shortcut key, and done. Since setting the shortcut, I don't even draw reference figures anymore, I just draw...
  12. F

Text on sketch tool redimensioning

Place the text in a sketch at the correct height and extrude this. Then select scale/mirror part and choose non-uniform as the scale type. Then scale only along the axis that runs with the width of the letter. This will stretch the width without changing the height. You can then project to...
  13. F

AlibreCAM 4th Axis Engraving?

Is the problem just with 4th axis engraving or are all 4th axis MOps not working? I have not done any 4th axis CAM in a long time but my guess is, if it simulates in CAM correctly then the problem could be the post processor. If so, maybe Mecsoft could help you out there. I am not familiar with...
  14. F

2 1/2 axis Facing on the bottom of a part

One thing to remember about 2 1/2 axis operatons is: the 3d model data is not used for toolpath calculations. All toolpath calculations are derived solely from the 2d sketch. You can generate 2 1/2 axis Mops from only sketches without needing to create a 3d model.
  15. F

2 1/2 axis Facing on the bottom of a part

See if the attached file works. I made few changes: 1. I made a new sketch for the facing drive region. I offset the line by 1/2 the cutter dia. from the extruded pad. 2 1/2 axis facing will always put the cutter on the center of the outside profile, that is why it cut into the pad. I also...