What's new

Recent content by FemmeVerbeek

1. F

Constrain O-Ring

This is how I do it now, but it may not always be possible as the ring chamber does not always coincide with one of the other reference planes. It would be a lot handier to use the surfaces of ring and chamber directly for constraining. Also the possibility to display the central axis of...
  2. F

Useful Links

Lots of mechanical engineering information. E.g. more than 50 handy calculators http://www.tribology-abc.com/
  3. F

What hardware to buy?

The on-board series 4 graphics chip supports directx 9.0c. Good enough for small assemblies, but the larger ones are giving problems. I can not say that I am very enthusiastic over this configuration. With the new version being released soon, would it help to change to 64 bit windows?
  4. F

creating line about which a plane is drawn

Select both a plane and a line while inserting a new plane. The pop-up will show an angle field. In your case create the block around the origin and select one of the XYZ axis and planes.
  5. F

Drawing configuration replace

Sorry I do not agree with you. It is very common to have several almost identical parts, only differing on a few small details. To make a good drawing of a complex part easily takes me several hours. Making a good layout, adding dimensions, details, sections, tolerances etc. As it turns out...
  6. F

Hmm Pity :|
  7. F

It is possible to change the configuration of a part in a drawing, without having to make the hole drawing over again?
  8. F

What hardware to buy?

Looking at refresh rates Alibre is not doing a good job at all. What would be a good openGL workstation with what drivers? Is it fair to conclude that a gaming computer would be the better choice for Alibre, rather than a workstation with Cad optimised card? I found a nice test program...
  9. F

What hardware to buy?

Thx for testing. Do I understand you right that turning the accelleration on and off makes a difference. Is this.... Display properties > tab trouble shoot > hardware accelleration > slider set to full Then why does it not work on my computer, with display acceleration set to the max. I...
  10. F

What hardware to buy?

The assembly I was referring to is an imported Step file generated by Solidworks. I inserted a section view over the XY plane. Especially this section view takes up an enormous amount of time. Just loading the assembly takes 20-30 seconds. After that another 2-3 minutes just to show the section...
  11. F

What hardware to buy?

With an increasing number of elements (>100) AD becomes very slow on my Dell Lattitude 6400 notebook. Especially zooming or rotating at more than a second per refresh is anoying. Intel core 2 duo M 2533 MHz, 4Gb ram, Mobile 4 integrated graphics controller, XP prof. 32 bit For a different...
  12. F

Tips and Tricks:

Adding a hole at an existing reference If you want to add a hole on an existing plane coinciding with an existing reference, - clicking the reference (e.g. the origin) generally selects the wrong plane, - clicking the plane will add a node at an undesired position, so after hitting the hole...
  13. F

Flat pattern error acis exception

Thanks guys. So actually this is a clear bug. The most likely place for a cut is on geometric points like edges or centers. I was unable to make it work using constraints, a lot of crashes and irratic program behaviour also in the model. This is why I used dimensions to pin the hole, resulting...
  14. F

Flat pattern error acis exception

This is driving me crazy. I made a simple sheet metal with two non 90 degree bends and a couple of configurations. When I try to make a drawing of it, in unfolded state AD comes with Flat Patterns Error exception of type com.alibre. ACISException as thrown. The problem seems to be related...
  15. F

Adding a hole at an existing reference

Maybe for tips and tricks. This has been bugging me for some time. If you want to add a hole on an existing plane coinciding with an existing reference, - clicking the reference (e.g. the origin) generally selects the wrong plane, - clicking the plane will add a node at an undesired...