What's new

Recent content by Garrit

1. Garrit

Solidworks - latest offer

I have Alibre Design Expert so I can't really tell you anything about Atom. If you're just using Solid Edge CE for your own projects and have no desire to go commercial, Solid Edge CE blows any Alibre license out of the water. However, you cant open the files in the actual commercial...
  2. Garrit

Solidworks - latest offer

I have Solidworks for Makers and Alibre Design Expert . You have access to the full SolidWorks app, but you have to be online. You can store all your files locally or in the cloud, but if your subscriptions lapse you will no longer be able to access them. You cannot use it commercially. I...
  3. Garrit

LCD Drawing Tablets with Alibre

Thanks, I will try it. Maybe I will experiment with my Cintiq in Alibre.
  4. Garrit

You're right, it's not there with the right mouse button. I would never want to give up my RMB menu though. However I still don't think that a tablet is good here. I know hard surface artists prefer to use the mouse in packages like 3DS Max for modeling. Switching between monitors can also be a...
  5. Garrit

This is something I have experience with. I primarily use Alibre for hard surface work to complement ZBrush and I use a Wacom Cintiq. I suggest you use a mouse. Navigation in Alibre Isn't suitable for use with a pen. You must use the left and right mouse buttons to orbit your object. It is the...