What's new

Recent content by hammer

1. H

For Sale

Are there still specials on?
  2. H

V8 licence

FYI, I sent an e-mail to support as follows: I recieved the following: Raphael
  3. H

V8 licence

John, I recieved a reply based on a brief voicemail I left support, and am waiting further clarification on some of the details, but it did say this: "We allow each user account to install Alibre on 2 different computers, if you need any more licenses, when you install Alibre on the...
  4. H

V8 licence

swertel, I agree - perhaps my reply was a little premature and speculative, but it was kind of a knee jerk reaction, as I personally find licencing issues a pet peeve. So you'll make the post? (I would, but I'm new at this and want this addressed correctly) Raphael
  5. H

V8 licence

First, I want to say that I am happy thus far with my recent purchase of AD Pro. That said I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing with the new licencing scheme... FYI: When requesting an additional licence key from Alibre, see your Account Info for the following link: "To apply for an...
  6. H

V8 licence

swertel, The question here, in my mind, is will the same licence key work once you've reformated or swapped the hard drive or computer? It doesn't seem so. Raphael
  7. H

PCI Express Video Card

The drivers fixed the problem, all is well, and I'm off and running! Thanks all! Raphael
  8. H

PCI Express Video Card

Thanks guys, Turning the hardware acceleration off "works" but I'll have to figure out the problem, as it's a new computer with all the hardware features you'd expect out of a high end P4. I've downloaded the new drivers - hopefully that will work. Raphael
  9. H

PCI Express Video Card

James, Yes, I tried 16 & 32 bit, and 1024 x 768 to 1280 x 1024, with no chg. Raphael
  10. H

PCI Express Video Card

PCI Express Video Card Is anyone successfully using a newer PCI Express card with AD? Just purchased a new computer with nVidia 5300 128MB card, and AD doesn't work properly... Tx, Raphael
  11. H

LARGE Assemblies in AD

mr.ska I can't blame you - I guess the software just seems to good to be true, and I'm just waiting for the punchline... Funny, I never thought of myself as a conspiracy theorist :o) Raphael
  12. H

LARGE Assemblies in AD

THANKS! To All, Thank you all once again for the valuable input! I must say, I am impressed not only with the amount of response I've recieved (including pm's) but also the quality of responses I've recieved. It almost makes me think...
  13. H

LARGE Assemblies in AD

Gaspar, Thanks for the great tips! I checked out the Magove website - you guys do some pretty nice work! Regards, Raphael PS I'm glad my thread gave you another chance to "get onto your AD64 sopabox" - I seem to have read this opinion in other forums... ;o)
  14. H

LARGE Assemblies in AD

John, I expect that for any serious surfacing, I will use the likes of ProE or perhaps Rhino. As far as the helicopter, consultant db and access to your repository, I would like that very much - Don't spend any time on this right now, though - I will e-mail you when I have the time to do...
  15. H

LARGE Assemblies in AD

John, I agree, it's not exactly fair if I'm to compare the 2 as apples to apples. That's not my intent for posing the question. I want to see, based on someone elses experience with large assemblies if I should even consider this, and if so what the issues / workarounds are. I think AD...