What's new

Recent content by hartlw

1. H

Patents and legal etc.

Nate, you're right. It only gives categories relating to inventor and ownership, not products- it's a way to find a patent, not to do a general patent search. What does Miles site give? I don't feel like wading through European complexity. By the way, the main reason for worrying about patent...
  2. H

Patents and legal etc.

Dire? Drop Down list of "All Fields" has about 15 categories, like assignee, inventor, product (umbrellas), etc. You get a complete list and you can access the COMPLETE patent. OK, US patent.
  3. H

Using a driven dimension in the Equation Editor

I'm missing something. Sorry to be dense. What is: "Side_1-D4" Looks like an Equation to me. Without really understanding the problem, doesn't the Equation Editor dialogue box list all dimensions, equations, and references? Is "add" or "modify" in dialoque box a factor (blind guess)?
  4. H

Copy Sketch with Associativity

So does that mean if you remove the saved feature, drawings that used it are not influenced, ie, the drawing contains all instructions for creating the sketch without referencing the saved feature?
  5. H

Good question Miles. But if there is no associativity, what's the point? On the other hand, if there is associativity, what's the origin of change? Change original sketch (where is it), and catalogue feature and other instances change? Change the cataloque feature, and original sketch and...
  6. H

Using a driven dimension in the Equation Editor

Isn't that what's happening here? D4 is referencing a driven dimension, D2. I get it. After you close eq editor and reopen, the driven dimensions don't show up. Sorry. But that seems strange. How would you know or edit the driven dimension if it doesn't show up in eq editor. OK, you edit it by...
  7. H

Does this say what it says:Then insert cataloque feture lets you choose plane and orientation. Do they really mean "SKETCH?"
  8. H

Dimensioned Pictures

Thanks Jordan, Publisher is no longer supported, but I suppose that's alright. Is that how you did yours? It's not a matter of dimensionimg the whole thing, just giving some envelope dimensions to give an indication of size where it's not obvious. Werner
  9. H

Dimensioned Pictures

In response to overwhelming demand, and so I can go to sleep, extension lines in a 3d view:Just running out ideas to see if something simple and practical comes up. About the best I can come up with, other than what Nate and Miles have already done, is to add dimensions as ref lines (without...
  10. H

Dimensioned Pictures

Thanks Nate. Pretty good, but doesn't look professional in the sense of dimensions being in the right plane. Speaking of which, I have discovered I don't even know how to dimension an isometric, or I forgot. And I thought I knew what I was doing. How do you dimension the top line, correctly...
  11. H

Dimensioned Pictures

I see the problem. Dimensions have to be in right plane to look right. I added the doodle for ralph, who likes doodles. Good Grief! I make a doodle for ralph and I can't even get it right!
  12. H

Tearing my hair out again...

Thanks for clearing that up and enlightening us. We now know you have solved your problem. "Do you have the right time?" "Yes"
  13. H

Dimensioned Pictures

Almost, but Put the line on a layer and turn the layer off, no? How about digging out one of your pictures and put some envelope dims on it and post the picture. The world is holding its breath.
  14. H

Dimensioned Pictures

Thanks. OK, I can put an inage in Alibre Drawing. Can I then pick two points to create an aligned dimension. That obviously does it in spades. Adding a line to the drawing to create a dimension sounds fine if you can hide the line.
  15. H

Tearing my hair out again...

Hi Stefan, Creating the model is obviously ridiculously easy. The requirement was to start with two projected lines and use constraints. Did you do that? How? There seems to be resistance in the forum to simple explanations. Werner