What's new

Recent content by heidtwd

1. H

Modelling a spring washer

Can someone please help me model a wave washer that is made by stamping a washer from a flat sheet and then forming it into a semi-cylindrical shape?
  2. H

Exporting to STEP - units

When I export a model created in inches as a STEP , it exports in centimeters even when System Options > Interoperability > STEP setting is "use saved model units" How do I fix this?
  3. H

PDF created from drawing is cropped

Thanks, David. My option says Microsoft Print to PDF, but there are no other options. What should it be?
  4. H

PDF created from drawing is cropped

When I try to create a PDF from a drawing in 2018, the PDF is cropped. I can't find any settings to adjust. Help please!
  5. H

Drawings in 2018

Thanks, David. I neglected to mention that this is a new computer. I had to reconfigure the graphics card to let Alibre set the anti-aliasing. All's well now.
  6. H

Drawings in 2018

Thanks, David. I'm having trouble finding that setting. Where is it?
  7. H

Drawings in 2018

When I open drawings in 2018 created in most current previous version, there are no dimensions, annotation or title block template information. This is not good! Am I doing something wrong? Can this information be imported / converted? Help please!
  8. H

Sheet Metal Dimple

Is it possible to create a dimple of a depth other than the default of AD_Thickness*2? When I try, it always fails with the status shown.
  9. H

No Drawings!?

In a manufacturing environment without drawings, how are tolerances and feature controls conveyed?
  10. H

Interoperability - SLDPRT

I have a customer who has gotten the error shown in the attached screenshot while trying to open a .sldprt file generated in AD. Can anyone provide some insight as to whether I'm doing anything wrong and how to remedy this? I can not share the file because it is confidential.
  11. H

What are you using Keyshot for???

I use Keyshot to preview proportions and the overall look of furniture pieces.
  12. H

My newest Pc

I have been pleasantly surprised with the little GPD. It's no speed demon, but for less than $500 USD, runs Win10 and anything I've thrown at it!
  13. H

My newest Pc

Here's a GPD Pocket that I got to take files to my shop and on the road for quick reference. It's really small and not the kind of thing you'd like to use to develop full designs, but for my purposes, it's great and runs Alibre just fine.
  14. H

Stick Font For Engraving

I thought so, but these stick fonts will not apply as text in a drawing so I thought I skipped a step.
  15. H

Stick Font For Engraving

How do you add fonts to Alibre?