What's new

Recent content by Hilmi

1. H

Why is this not fully constrained?

Thanks, that works straight away. Sometimes it's confusing for a beginner to identify why their sketch isn't constrained, especially when self taught.
  2. H

Why is this not fully constrained?

Hi, I am trying to get my head around CAD and I know it is good practice to have everything fully constrained. I created a rectangle by center referenced to the origin, defined height and width and it is orange not black. What am I missing here?
  3. H

Applying a hole to a curved surface

Thank you for the video :) I do tend to learn better from video
  4. H

I made a workaround by placing the sketch on the central plane. I have yet to learn how to make my own planes, need to dive into the documentation a bit more. Thanks for the help both of you
  5. H

Hi, I am making a tube that needs 3 holes for securing bolts. I have no idea how to apply a hole to a curved surface, when I select the hole tool I am not able to select the wall of the tube. Any idea how this should be done? I need to then pattern the holes around the tube so I have 3...
  6. H

Cutting a part into two parts

Hi, Thank you for your input on how this is done. I will now try to find some videos on the think wall cut tool so I can better understand what you are trying to explain to me.
  7. H

I found this thread from 2006, but it is very old and might not even be relevant anymore, in terms of computer software that is a very long time. https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/slice-and-create-two-parts.1231/ I also don't really understand the work around that was explained...
  8. H

Hi, I am using an assembly, I still don't understand how to actually perform the cut. I am attaching two screenshots. One shows the split tool I found that HaroldL was asking about and the other shows the part that I want to cut in two (highlighted in blue). The split tool I found, I can't...
  9. H

Hi, I have designed a part and want to cut it and split it into two separate parts so I can modify the part for inserting a captive bolt on one end for a moveable jaw. The other part I am not able to figure out is I created the first part, then created an assembly to add other parts. Now I...
  10. H

Working on Threads, Actual Threaded Parts, with Alibre Atom3D and Printing Them!

Hi, Thank you all for your responses, they are very helpful. Now regarding the durability of 3D printed threads, you need to look at a few factors: 1) Material used and print parameters 2) Use case scenario 3) Design fit for purpose I have a solar filter holder for my telescope that I designed...
  11. H

Watching and Performing Actions on Bolts!

Many thanks for this wonderful video :) May I request that you use your ninja skills to create a file pack of standard dies for inner and outer threads as files we can download and directly use in our drawings as cutting tools?
  12. H

Working on Threads, Actual Threaded Parts, with Alibre Atom3D and Printing Them!

Hi, I really do appreciate your detailed response and it is obvious that you have gone to great lengths to explain it; however, I do find it hard to interpret the instructions purely from text. As a person who used to work on implementing Lean practices in companies, I used to preach that...
  13. H

Hi, I am new to Alibre CAD and have mostly found it intuitive to use, however, I am interested in how you managed to make it make threads. Is there a script that generates modeled threads like Fusion 360? Or did you manually model these threads? As I don't have access to a resource like the...