What's new

Recent content by Hobelman

1. H

Tips and Tricks:

Increase Display Speed Trick Speed up the display of big models without sacrifying quality: - Change the Circular Facets (File > Properties > Display tab). Just changing by one number is enough, click Apply and Close. - Then switch on Display Acceleration and switch it off again.
  2. H

Quick Contraint Mode and Interdesign

It has nothing to do with the order of pressing the mouse buttons, or the time between the two buttons are pressed. Because it works fine when there is no Interdesign in the assembly. Can you please try to use Quick Constraint on this assembly (and rotate the design between the first and second...
  3. H

Quick Contraint Mode and Interdesign

It seems to me that it isn't possible to use the Quick Constraint Mode after creating an Interdesign Part. After creating an Interdesign part, the Quick Contraint Mode does work, but not if you rotate the design by using both mouse buttons. You can select the first face but after rotating the...
  4. H

Tips and Tricks:

Faster respons of explorermenus: This is a workaround for the right click menu delay in the explorer on big assemblies: switch to Wire Display (View > Display > Wireframe) and activate the Display Acceleration (View > Display Acceleration or icon). In this way the viewport is still shaded...
  5. H

SLI Graphics for Large Assemblies

Re: SLI Graphics for Large Assemblies There won't be any benefit for a SLI set up. I tested this with the 8800GTS. Can't find the exact testresults but there was a slight slow down when using two cards. It was a few months ago, new display drivers probably give better...
  6. H

Performance

Re: You're welcome. Another advantage is that now you can move the cursor over the parts and subassemblies in the explorer very fast and the parts will turn red in the view instantly. There won't be any processor activity now, on some...
  7. H

Performance

There is a workaround for right click delay in the explorer: switch to wire display and activate the Display Acceleration. In this way the viewport is still shaded but the delay is gone. Don't ask me why, I found this when comparing different hardware to find out when the delay occurs. I...
  8. H

DirectX 10

Did some testing with a DX10 card (8800GTS 320 Mb). Works fine in Vista but I don't think it will bring you much extra speed. I also added an extra 8800GTS in SLI modus and found out that creating views in 2D is slower. Haven't test the display speed itself but I can load even my biggest...
  9. H

Anyone using Alibre design server on their LAN?

A company in the Netherlands has installed the server and it works fine. They even store the data on a Linux server. (server is running on XP of course).
  10. H

Alibre & Norton w/SP-2

Grisoft (AVG) has a free version for home use that works great together with other programs. In fact I only know this program so I'm not pretending I'm an antivirus expert. What I do know is that Norton can cause ridicilous errors, I've seen this so often that I always remove Norton before...
  11. H

Using an assembly in Algor Designcheck

Ok, but I'm not trying to analyse assemblies. I'm trying to save an assembly as a part so I can use it in Designcheck. Can't be that there is no one who has tried this before.
  12. H

Alibre & Norton w/SP-2

Just my opinion: Removing Norton will fix many problems and speed up your PC significantly....
  13. H

Using an assembly in Algor Designcheck

Using an assembly in Algor Designcheck The standard Algor Designcheck add-on is limited to parts only. Now have I tried to save a (simple) assembly as SAT file, reopen it in AD as a Part and then use Designcheck for analysis. But Designcheck seems for have problems with...
  14. H

Models displayed upside down.

Thanks Robert, I will give your tutorials a try. But I still think that I can look at the back or bottom of a model *without* turning "the camera" upside down..... That's the whole point. Just take a snapshot of your screen, with any model that has a top and bottom, from any viewpoint...
  15. H

better visualization and options

I agree. When demonstrating a product (or when people use the evaluation version) most potential users get impressed by quality of the visuals. We all know that the quality of the product can not be measured by the bells and whistles on the screen, but just as in real life; if the looks are...