What's new

Recent content by Hoopy

1. H

Multi-material printing

So you have multiple parts (for each material)? That sounds similar to using an assembly with different parts for different materials. Or do I misunderstand and you somehow are able to split a single parts into multiple STEPs for each material?
  2. H

Multi-material printing

Multi-material printing is becoming much more important for me. In particular with a machine like the Prusa XL where the print volume makes gluing/bolting parts together (due to size constriants) less relevant and real multi-material printing is possible rather than just multi-colour printing of...
  3. H

Linear pattern and boolean subtract

Thanks a lot, that works fine. Shame on me me, I didn't notice the linear/circular pattern buttons in boolean operation ribbon. You live, you learn. Cheers
  4. H

Linear pattern and boolean subtract

I'm using Alibre Design Export V25 mostly for 3D printing. I have to print cosmetic threads. I do so by having a fully parametric thread and where I need the thread in my construction, I use boolean subtract to get the threaded hole. That's all fine and dandy. I now need to make a lot of threads...