What's new

Recent content by JGPIPE

1. J

FEMdesigner AD

What sort of background of statics/dynamics and materials science do you have. I wouldn't use FEM unless I could create a suitable mathematical solution to the design I was modelling. When did you get your trial. I applied for one a while back :)
  2. J

Giant Red 'X'

Just to chip in with my 2 cents... That occurs to me in drafting when my model becomes too large (ie components with threads on etc). Also that occurs when I have CTRL ALT DELETED.
  3. J

History of C.A.D

Hehe I have used Autocad since I was 16 (release 13), but my first real 3D Experience was with I-Deas on a silicon graphics O2 around the year 2000. The photo looks like one of the later windows versions (as I recall)..
  4. J

I have turned something off.. Dimension pop up

Yes very well actually, despite the stupid question. It's been very useful, helping ourselves with finishing the development of new pipe window cutter. Using keyshot I have some great rendered content to make the manual easier to use, and for our products microsite
  5. J

Thanks for the quick reply David. Can you remember visiting our / myself at pipe equipment in March?
  6. J

Hi I can't find to where to turn it on, or remember even turning it off..... I have lost the dimension pop up that appears after you have drawn a sketch entity. It's going to be somewhere obvious I know. Thanks JG
  7. J

Reorder configurations?

Can you change the order of your design configurations in an assembly. It would be nice if they defaulted to alphabetic or even if I had to shuffle them about manually. But they are in chronological order of creation, which is not very useful.
  8. J

Flexible rubber boot

Yes I have some rubber hoses on one design that move as required. They swivel on a fitting to point at the static fitting and the hose is drawn as a swept item with it referencing the swivel and the static point. You need to draw your component in the assembly view (or modify it in the...
  9. J

Windows explorer constantly crashes on new Asus

Completely misread your post.. so deleted my comment lol
  10. J

How to use a driven dimension to drive other dimensions

I have some hoses on one of my designs that move with the assembly. It would be nice if I could position some of the 3d curve points half the distance between two end. However, calculating where these two points are is not possible as one of the ends moves freely with my input. If I could...
  11. J

Insert Hole - NPT - None

It would be nice if we had all the threads that are, and have been relatively common standards (I know this is a lot). I use BSW daily due to an old standard on a design that cannot be reworked without loosing backward compatibility, BSP, BSPT and I have even had to use BA once or twice. I also...
  12. J

Helical Boss Error

Ah I created a spring recently, all was fine until I attempted to put flat ends on and then the thing turned into a 'sock'. It would appear to be the same issue. This was on the last version and this version as well.
  13. J

Download failure

I hadn't actually, its been so long since I have had to use anything like that I had completely forgot about the existence of such tools :) Got a suggestion for a good freeware one ?
  14. J

Download failure

:( I can't download the latest version of Alibre. I keep getting the download interrupted just in the last 2-3MB. I have tried both Chrome and IE. Is anyone else getting this issue. I have downloaded all the other components fine. JG
  15. J

Broken Helical Cut

It sounds like I have two different issues one graphics and one mass related.