What's new

Recent content by jkleinhans

1. J

saving

Ladies/Gents...I'm Neelie's admin. At the beginning of the day I was having some issues with GPO, and had to refresh/edit some policies and decided to temporarily disable neelie's GPO. Turns out this changed her user rights in regards to saving and ownership on our file server. I reapplied...
  2. J

corrupted 3d model

Re: No problem! Just make sure you thank Neelie as well for letting us hijack the thread :razz:
  3. J

corrupted 3d model

Gaspar, This may help fix your problem. And This is a thread on the phpbb forums, on page 2 of that thread it mentions your issue, and a partial resolution, or way to go. Remember, google is your friend, and it seems you're not his only victim. Some of the content google listed offers...
  4. J

corrupted 3d model

PhPBB is something that gets blown up all the time. Because this is a free application and widely distributed/used its gets some added attention. There are other alternatives to PhPBB, and the machine being hacked could have come from a million different sources. Is the machine hosted on...
  5. J

corrupted 3d model

Ok...here's an example of an unencrypted instant message to my grandmother. All I said was "Hey Grandma" which you will see at the very end of the packet. My instant messenger client program is Gaim, and this was utilizing MSN messenger network. Additionally, AIM and other more standard...
  6. J

corrupted 3d model

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer]Here's some info on SSL, which is used as an alternative to sending information in plaintext. If you were to examine the packets at either host (machine) or somewhere in the middle (a router or proxy) while encrypted with something like...
  7. J

corrupted 3d model

That was just what I was looking for indesign! Thanks so much! Jon
  8. J

corrupted 3d model

That works well for drag and drop capability (non-repository) and establishing a single channel FTP connection. What I'm worried about, is selecting a FTP resource to push files to, then having the application connect on port 80 (HTTP) etc. The benefit of FTP is the speed, and the ability...
  9. J

corrupted 3d model

Gaspar, thank you for the reply. Now that I understand the underlying concept of a repository, I've got a few more questions. :) You mentioned sharing it through the internet...do you know exactly how that is done? HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, etc? There's nothing a few DNS entries and IIS 6.0...
  10. J

corrupted 3d model

Steve, Thank you for the reply. Neelie2 is one of my users, and like myself is a bit confused as to what the repository is/does etc. I restored the 3D drawing from a shadow copy I made on our server 2 days ago, as noted though this is probably not going to help us. Neelie's 3D drawing...
  11. J

Killer machine

With the fancy words aside, here is a respectable illustration of RAID0 As you can see...if you lose disk A, you're going to lose 1/2 your data and therefore the array will no longer be any good. The performance gains (while using WD Raptor drives) are worthwhile, but I wouldn't count on...
  12. J

Killer machine

If you're going the custom-built route (which is much better IMHO) take a peek at this hardware...this will maximize your Alibre application and allow upgradability in the future. http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1868 My user is very happy with this machine :) Jon
  13. J

Perfect Alibre Machine

This machine uses the Asus K8N-DL motherboard. To be honest I picked that board because it is fast (built on the right chipset), offers a 1000mhz FSB, and is upgradable to Dual Core Processors in the future. Like any Asus component, their customer support isn't lacking, its non-existant so...
  14. J

Perfect Alibre Machine

Perfect Alibre Machine This thing all started off with one of my users complaining of poor performance with Alibre Design. Upon invesigation and observing the users' machine under loads using perfmon, I noticed a massive processor spike when rendering a 3d...
  15. J

Killer machine

Ntar...I've spend the past two days researching this for one of my users "neelie2", hopefully I can help save you time. According to what was listed here on the forums, Alibre is not multi-threaded. A multithreaded application will run best on dual core processors, also known as "killer...