What's new

Recent content by Joseph

1. J

Flashing images during sketch editing in V26

I will check in with Support. That won't be for about 8 to 12 days, as I'm going to be out of town and my laptop still has the older Alibre, which is working OK. I'll leave a post, FYI, when I get things straightened out. Concerning the graphics card, however, as noted above, the same problem...
  2. J

Just one more clue: I've been restarting the computer and all that (and I've changed settings so that when I shut down, the computer actually shuts down and clears the kernel of crap that it might have picked up), but the graphics card doesn't seem to be the issue. When I drag my sketch over to...
  3. J

Oh, and just saying "Enabled" does not resolve the problem. Obviously I need to navigate further in the Windows Graphics Settings. Oh, and I keep a shortcut to Control Panel on my desktop.
  4. J

I need some guidance. I went to Enabled on the System Options ... Display ... General, and clicked on Settings below Enabled, which gets to the screen pictured as attached. Where do I navigate from this?
  5. J

Just to make sure, I opened the file on Screen #0 -- I'd been using Screen #1 -- both are running on the same graphics card, but one is using an HDMI connector and the other is using, I've forgotten what it's called, but it's a wide connector with something like 19 pins -- the graphics card has...
  6. J

Looks right to me ... AMD Radeon HD 5450 (#0), Detect Hardware, those should show in the attachment.
  7. J

Sorry, I should have thought to try that, but unfortunately that doesn't help. The first time I went to reboot, Windows 10 had updates (I've so far steered clear of Win 11), so I restarted, those got installed, and I tried out a sketch -- same problem. Just for good measure, I rebooted once...
  8. J

This is almost entertaining. So I opened up a sketch that is used to cut slots into a printed plastic piece, ultimately to lay in thin carbon rod stiffeners. My aim was to copy&paste the vertical channel, which bifurcates to guide two carbon rods around a center shaft, so I clicked-and-dragged...
  9. J

Here is a milder manifestation of the phenomenon. When I took the screenshot, for some reason the captured image did not show the + shape of my cursor, which was clearly visible to my eyes, so I drew the green circle around the approximate location where the cursor was. You'll see that the...
  10. J

The artifacts happen when editing a sketch, and specifically when my cursor touches some feature of the sketch, during which times the colors flash wildly, being totally different each time my cursor comes in contact with a different sketch line and, I think, maybe even moving along the same...
  11. J

I just installed V26 in Alibre Design Professional. Something new: while sketching, I now get flashing colored geometric shapes as I move my cursor across the drawing. Whatever information they might convey, I find them distracting and they can make it hard to see what I am doing. What are...
  12. J

Graphics too slow. [Solved]

That's great to know, about disabling ambient occlusion globally, because I'd prefer (with my current ageing computer, at least) to normally leave it off and just enable it when I want to get a nice-looking screenshot (and am not necessarily wanting to bother with KeyShot.) On the other hand...
  13. J

I don't know what I'm doing different, but I exited Legacy Mode and at the same time disabled anti aliasing and ambient occlusion, and I'm fine, things go quickly -- thank you, Max! I had previously disabled ambient occlusion, but I think I had overlooked the option to not use anti aliasing...
  14. J

I was just messaged that a new update of Alibre Design is ready for installation. I was expecting this and am at a loss what to do, though I certainly won't update. I understand that the Legacy Display option is being dropped. The newer display software is beautiful but an order-of-magnitude...
  15. J

v25 is now live - June 20, 2022

I just received notice of "Legacy Display Mode Deprecation" coming with v26. I'm sad about this. My computer is "old" at about 5 years, a quad-core, 3.5 GHz, with separate graphics card but nothing like the "horsepower" of a gaming card. In Legacy Mode, however, my display is fast enough not...