What's new

Recent content by KB58

1. K

Consequences of doing fillets wrong

Yes, I need to work with the interface more until the right way of doing it becomes ingrained. Pretty sure part of the problem is clicking on one edge at a time, and not understanding tangent propagate, but it's clearer now.
  2. K

acuracy of 3d print

Contact them, or adjust the scaling for the print, as most slicers these days have settings to compensate for inaccurate parts, be it shrinkage or printer geometry issues.
  3. K

Consequences of doing fillets wrong

I only just discovered that there's a 3D subforum here. To not clutter the forum with replicating the entire thread, it's here https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/stuck-stl-export-puzzle.22757/ In short, it matters the order in which you apply fillets to an object. Unfortunately...
  4. K

Atom 3D

As long as it's capable of exporting STL format files, yes.
  5. K

Stuck... STL export puzzle

Thank you very much! When the fillets were being applied, most "took" normally, but the last one often would not take and I couldn't tell why. I tried various sequences to see if it was something I was doing, or if it was a bug, but gave up after not seeing any pattern. Trying random sequences...
  6. K

I'm a very new Alibre user, but have gone through the training. My problem is that I use it for a while, then work on other stuff, returned months later after forgetting half of it. Part of the problem may be how I constructed the knob, though I had expected that if it looked right on the...
  7. K

oops, of course, attached
  8. K

Current release of Alibre Pro This is what I see on the screen: The red rectangular sketches at top were used to extrude the profile through the part (a knob). Anyway, it was going to be created on a 3D printer, so it was exported as an STL, but what the slicer (or any online STL viewer)...
  9. K

Should I or shouldn't I?

I was in the same boat, doing my typical over analyzing of every 3D printer I could afford. I became seriously interested in Creality, but kept reading how "after I replaced, this, that, and these 3-4 other things, it's awesome." It reminds me a bit of how a young Honda owner swaps put his...
  10. K

dimension debacle

As new user, I'd appreciate some help. In short, I expected this sketch below (also attached) to be fully constrained with maybe half as many dimensions as were required. For example, I have a datum on the right, yet if I don't have specific point-to-point dimensions between the horizontal lines...
  11. K

First post, self-teaching, saving loses changes

Thanks, Harold, I'll check them out.
  12. K

Thank you to everyone who helped me out. I completed the model, and it helped enormously to follow the videos during its creation (I'm a "show me" guy). Unlike his model, I added filets and spark plug holes, hah. I realize that I have a long way to go - Alibre is a like wandering through a big...
  13. K

Ah, hiding behind the Alt key, a whole 'nother world that I didn't know about! Thank you. Okay, and hopefully the last thing, which is what actually got me stuck. At 42.15 in the same video above, he does a sweep cut of the path just created. When I do it, it fails, with the status error...
  14. K

Update: Okay, I went through all the video training, then returned back to following the YouTube videos of creating the above cylinder head. I've successfully made it almost all the way through, but got stuck on what seems like a very simple thing. If you go to Part 3 of the cylinder head...
  15. K

Okay, thanks, I'll give it a try once I finish the training videos!