What's new

Recent content by keyepitts

1. K

Email message about legacy product?

Thank you, that worked!
  2. K

Thanks Max, but now I have a new problem- I followed the link you posted, clicked on the V15 or lower link and logged in, got the message " Product information on Geomagic design has moved to geomagic.com. Click below for up-to-date information." Clicked on that link, which turned out to be a...
  3. K

Does anyone have links to the old Alibre server or maybe the Geomagic one? I was going to download a copy of Geomagic Design 2013 and install a copy on my home computer as a back-up, since I think I have a few unused licenses available, but I can't find a link to download either the program or a...
  4. K

Yes, I got an email also, seems they are discontinuing the old licensing systems. I moved to solid edge when the old Alibre was acquired by 3D systems, but I still have a lot of native Alibre data and use my old Alibre program to access that. Appears that for me, I will still be able to use the...
  5. K

3DS at IMTS2016

Keep in mind that it might not be unusual that GMD wasn't displayed show center at any of the 3DS IMTS booths; most other CAD/CAM companies design softwares also did not have a huge presence. CAM programs tend to be the main focus at shows like this. That said, most of the software companies...
  6. K

3DS at IMTS2016

FWIW, I was at the IMTS yesterday, and saw at least two different 3DS booths, one in the CAD/CAM area, and one in the 3D printer area, and absolutely no mention of Geomagic Design at either booth. They were touting Geomagic Design X, but I think thats significantly different than the old Alibre...
  7. K

3D Printing Gallery

Hi Sebastion, These are very nice looking parts. What printer are you using?
  8. K

GM Version 16?

Hmm, for those of us staying with the older versions of Alibre/GM, I wonder how long 3DS will maintain the Alibre download/licensing site. It would suck to have a drive failure and go to re-download the program only to find the download site gone. Legacy data would be useless. Maybe I'd better...
  9. K

What happens to this forum after today

It will be a sad day for me if they drop these forums, even though I don't use the software much anymore, and haven't renewed my maintenance, I still like to visit the forums and see what everyones been up to. To anyone who's got the email from 3DS, did they state that a new forum would be...
  10. K

Finding a bad file

Hopefully thats it, but in case it isn't, my suggestion is to be very careful with possibly illegal characters in filenames. I seem to remember having issues with some files (that saved fine) like this a long time ago, and simply renaming them with only letters in the filename and without any...
  11. K

Chat with Support?

I think it's troubling when a company that is touting itself as a "Professional" solution cannot even send an automated reply message to acknowledge that a support request has been received. I'm sure the recent acquisitions and integrations are causing internal issues, but, if Geomagic wants to...
  12. K

Geomagic/2013

Too many syllables. Needs an abbreviation (e.g. Rhinoceros- Rhino; Moment Of Inspiration- MOI) :mrgreen:
  13. K

2013 not a great start so far

Hmm, I'm running the 64 bit version, and I've had some freezing issues too. Also, I've noticed a lot of dimensions in the 2d drawings going disassociated after opening and closing their 3D parts. I'm liking the shaded views though. edit: Looks like any dimension placed to a centerline in the...
  14. K

Solid Edge

I'm not sure, but the Solid Edge offering thru Local Motors may be mainly focused at the people that want to participate in the Local Motors project. Solid Edge does have a new product called "3DSynch" which is their "Synchronous Technology" only. I believe the pricing is reasonable (for CAD...
  15. K

2013 release ?

I just hope if they are delaying the release, it's because they are chasing bugs, not just because they are waiting for the release to coincide with a 3DS PR event.