What's new

Recent content by Killiwatt

1. K

Change to Apple a good idea?

I've been running Alibre Expert on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro for a few years now with no issues. Of course I use it with Parallels. Do I wish it ran natively on Mac? You bet but I can understand how it just isn't feasible for a small company like Alibre to maintain two complete versions for the two...
  2. K

Mac book running windows in a VM

I’ve been using AD Expert on my 2019 MacBook Pro 16” i9, 16g ram using Parallels with no issues. In Coherence mode it can sometimes slow but if I keep my open programs to a minimum in the MAC OS side of things it’s excellent.
  3. K

Cam programs on sale for alibre

In my opinion, you can't beat MecSofts AlibreCam add-on. Its a bit pricey but the ability to stay within Alibre and jump back and forth from the design window straight to the CAM window is hard to beat. It's what Fusion strives to be but of course with out all of the internet connection BS and...
  4. K

DXF Files

Thanks, I'll see what they say.
  5. K

DXF Files

Yes I'm new to AD. Sorry, just saw that question.
  6. K

DXF Files

I tried both 2014 and 2018 both of which I can import from Solidworks no problem. This is a deal breaker for me at this point. Disappointed as I really like the interface.
  7. K

DXF Files

So when I create a drawing from the part and do the export to DXF as you suggest, when I try to open it in Aspire it shows "no data". I then tried to open the file with Solidworks and get the same thing. Thoughts? Appreciate your input.
  8. K

DXF Files

I'm in trial here trying to decide if I want to switch from Vectorworks to be clear. So if I understand you correctly, I need to design the part, then create a drawing from the part which will allow me to export to DXF so that I am able to import this DXF into Aspire and generate a toolpath from...
  9. K

DXF Files

Except when I open up "File" and by "File" I'll assume you mean the "A" gem in the upper left corner of the screen and select "Export", there is no option for DXF/DWG. In fact, of the options available, none of them are remotely useful for any program that I run in my shop. Help?