What's new

Recent content by Kim

1. K

Fillet bug ?

Ahh well, seems Alibre have fixed the issues with the printability feature........................... by removing it
  2. K

Fillet bug ?

Got to the stage where the program was un usable then I turned the printability feature off and it seems to have stopped hanging (early minutes yet). I do have Bigsebs updated printerprocess.xml file installed, it is possible that that is causing an issue (I only installed it yesterday and that...
  3. K

Needed Devlopments in Constraints

I have one issue related to hydraulic cylinders where you have the piston constrained to the cylinder bore but you can not constrain it to not pass throught the end cap or the base. A mate constraint with a floating offset that can not be zero (or pass through zero) would do nicely. You would...
  4. K

List Of 3D Printing Slicers

I use Cura in part because it is tailored to my printer (Ultimaker 3). One nice feature with Cura, dual extruders and PVA is the ability to slice your model and only have the interface layer between the support and the model printed with PVA. This is considerably cheaper (Ultimaker PVA is $AU80...
  5. K

Hardware Sweetspot - New Alibre

One thing to check is if your mainboard has a built in graphics card that is still enabled (quite often using shared main RAM). Most mainboards that have built in graphics card have an option to disable them (either BIOs or jumpers on the MB itself). I have come across this situation in the...
  6. K

Fillet bug ?

Design Expert (not me, the software) Ver 2018.0.1 64 bit (build 19033) Win 10 Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHZ With the new build, if I get a failed fillet I get an error dialog with the appropriate error message. The dialog is pulsing about once a second and the application is locked, have to kill it...
  7. K

add a 3d-printer to the dropdownlist

The PVA is by Ultimaker (the spool that comes with the printer), the price is based on the replacement cost. The PLA is from Aurarum (Australian producer of filament) $33.?? per 1 kilo spool.
  8. K

Not sure wht was going on, but I couldn't bring up the forums for a couple of days :( https://www.dropbox.com/s/lic0bru6p85yo ... e.wmv?dl=0 The above is a link to a time lapse video of a print I did over the weekend using PVA as support. (note the failure of the wipe tower in the background -...
  9. K

Thankyou very much. Haven't tried it yet (12 hour days atm) will play on the weekend and see if I can get some meaningful pics or a short video. Kim
  10. K

While your at it how about adding an Ultimaker 3 :) or a description of the meaning of each of the fields. It would be much appreciated. The printer arrived yesterday, first print is on now (9hrs 30mins) on 0.15mm layer (Fast print option) using pva as support (which I have never used...
  11. K

Windows 7

I tried the Reg hack, but found no entry for the product ID (Win 7 Ultimate) so I tried the compatibility fix, still wouldn't work on XP SP3. I then tried compatibility mode using Vista SP2 and it worked fine, I had thought, when it worked that it must be related to the OS version Alibre was...