What's new

Recent content by kineoptics

1. K

Mecway FEA - Version 5.0 released

Just bought Mecway and ran a few parts. Seems really powerful, especially for the price.
  2. K

Mecway FEA - Version 5.0 released

Hi, Is it best to buy Mecway or LISA? I am confused as to what the difference is between the two.
  3. K

Upgrading, Licensing… recommendations

Yes, I know about dongle issues but having an internet, router, or whatever shut me down on Friday afternoon does not sound good. Also, the thought of some error somewhere causing you to be shut out because of whatever scares me. I only have one laptop for CAD and CAM, everything else is done...
  4. K

Upgrading, Licensing… recommendations

I am a long time Alibre user and have had good success with the software. My current version is version 14 and because of a break in projects, I thought it would be a good time to upgrade. When calling GMD and asking about the upgrade and what it would do for me, I found out about the license...
  5. K

Moving a sketch without changing it

Well, I figured out that if you select all the lines and hold the shift and ctrl keys, you can grab the sketch and move the whole thing around. I also constrained a piece to a plane or axis and it only moved along that axis. The next problem is how to accurately position it.
  6. K

Moving a sketch without changing it

I have a sketch that I copied over from another model file, and pasted it into another sketch. I now need to position this sketch by moving it to a new location. The location is on the same plane, just in a different location. I know I could carefully constrain it and then move it, but I...
  7. K

Vault, can it be set up more like folders instead of search

Thanks David, but we're still having trouble. We can't seem to get subfolders to work correctly inside of a view. The sub folder is there, but so is all the files that are in the sub folder. What are we doing wrong? We looked at using the traditional folder method as Woodworks described, but...
  8. K

We messed around with M-Files a bit, and managed something which looks OK but does not look correct. See image. I have not looked into custom view yet. Could you provide a screen shot?
  9. K

I can't say I really like the vault that much, as I preferred the old repository system much better. This is because I like to organize my projects as such. Main Customer folder = JPL. In the JPL folder, I would have MSL, Cassini, New Horizons, etc. In each of those folders, I would have...
  10. K

Trouble with Loft Boss with airfoil sections

What I ended up doing is using the same profile, extruding a shape, scaling it, then using the reduced size to project to sketch, along with the larger section to get the two exact same sketches with the same points. Then it worked just fine.
  11. K

Well, I managed to get it to loft. Had to check minimize twist and take a different section. But there is still an issue. The front of the airfoil has distortion from, what I suspect, is different locations of the control points between the two sections. Is there any way to solve this...
  12. K

I can't post it. Customer's proprietary airfoil. It was copied over from a project to sketch taken from a imported SAT file. Puzzling because if I use the same sketches, it works fine. But if I take two sketches from different parts, it gives the error.
  13. K

I have two planes with two different sizes of the same airfoil section on each plane, but when trying Loft Boss. I get the "SKIN_SELF_INTERSECTION: Self intersecting or cusping surface found. (ext)". This is with two different sizes of the same airfoil section on the planes, but if I put the...
  14. K

Extracting a sketch from an imported SAT file

Got it now. I was apparently working with a corrupted file and after I re-started it worked fine. Thanks.
  15. K

Extracting a sketch from an imported SAT file

I have a SAT imported shape of a wing and would like to take a section of it, make a sketch, and re-make a new wing with the same profile. Is there a way to do this?