What's new

Recent content by Kirch

1. K

3D Studio Max

I've been wanting to do the same thing-From Max to AD but have had no luck either as it is the complex geometry of the polygon meshes that I would like to generate some dimensions for- I am hoping that Miles does not have the final word on this one! (nothing personal Miles) karl
  2. K

Simple Mechanical Movement Suggestions

It looks like I'm going to go with a big hinge that allows the whole bed to raise up and down and the slides to travel up and down at the same time- - Thx for the nudge in that direction-
  3. K

Tim, Thx for response- The slides are the bearing type and I'll put two on the top and one on each side- That should keep things moving in and out in a tight path- I have considered pivoting the drawer slides and fixing the wheels as you suggest- I just haven't given that one much thought...
  4. K

Here is the Mechanical Movement-Read the previous post first

This gif is a 8m file- maybe that is why I couldn't attach it to my previous post-Please read the previous post first. Anyhow-This is the mechanical movement as the wheels move from the hrdwd to carpet- thx. karl
  5. K

Simple Mechanical Movement Suggestions Hi- I hope I have the right section to post this in- I'm working on a pullout bed and mantel project at the moment and am stuck on a little mechanical issue-Very basic compared to some of the mechanical stuff out there- Here is...
  6. K

Spreadsheet and Configurations

Config Best I can figure- The cabinet sides are linked to the spreadsheet-Dados/ToeKick/Panel Height/Material Thickness/Nailer Thickness etc. Alot faster than going into the model and changing allthese parameters Then a helper box is...
  7. K

Spreadsheet and Configurations

Spreadsheet and Configurations Am setting up a spreadsheet/Configuration system for some stock kitchen cabinet boxes- Have been working with a cnc owner this year getting some drawings to him. Have a Kitchen to build and would like to set up a template for the...
  8. K

Problems getting a drawing to work

Problems getting a drawing to work Greetings , Am making a pretty basic model. It is some steel framework to hold a bench seat supported off the floor and against the wall. Made a simple model with some studs and header as well as the steel framework that I...
  9. K

Alibre parts Library poll.

Parts Library I voted Voluntary. This would be under the impression that there are manufacturers out there who have their parts modeled in some other format already. It seems to make sense that it would be to their best interest to supply this...
  10. K

Additional Part Library

Additional Part Library Allright, I'm wondering if it would be out of the question to create an Alibre Library where Alibre Users can contribute to or use particular models in some of the things that they are involved in. Something like this...