What's new

Recent content by KirkKelsey

1. K

SketchUp Exporter reorientation option

In response to my post here in the Add-on Programs forum, David MacGillivray sent me a ruby script that will Orient and Place my exported Alibre part or assembly, once opened in SketchUp. It rotates the Alibre model to match the SketchUp orientation to that defined in Alibre, and have the view...
  2. K

SketchUp Add-on Orient and Place script

I have recently begun using the Alibre SketchUp Add-on to export my Alibre models to SketchUp for Architectural type renderings and simple animations. I have also been using SketchUp as a portal to more sophisticated third party rendering, including the free Kerkythea. What I like about doing...
  3. K

Video Driver used by Alibre: OpenGL? or Direct3D? or other?

Video Card Testing for DirectX 9.0c I have tried a few video cards with DirectX 9.0c and have been looking at affordable cards for use on a secondary system as well as my primary system. An nVidia 6600 card performs well, an ATI 9550 is also a good performer for a...
  4. K

Alibre Xpress as a Viewer - remove assembly truncation

ERROR IN MY ORIGNAL POST ALIBRE does act as a Viewer! Further testing revealed that my initial test model was corrupt and full Alibre did not handle it properly either. This was my only 8.2 full design so I used it for testing-thank goodness I have a...
  5. K

Alibre Xpress as a Viewer - remove assembly truncation

Alibre Xpress as a Viewer - remove assembly truncation I would like to suggest that Alibre Xpress NOT truncate a full Alibre Design Assembly to the parts limitation of the Xpress version. Since saving and export are disabled at the point where the part limitation is exceeded, the user...
  6. K

Mouse Wheel Zoom - Is it backwards for you?

Mouse Wheel workaround I too find the Alibre mouse wheel backwards to other programs I use. While quick to adapt, I often start zooming the wrong way and have to change during a zoom. I agree there should be a toggle for the zoom in Alibre, as there is...
  7. K

Plotters

Plotter recommendations Plotter today means wide format inkjet printers, as the old pen plotter has been replaced by the better and more reliable inkjet printer technology. For good quality reliable plotters, I would have to concur and recommend the HP...
  8. K

API. Not intergration?

Macro Express within Alibre Yes, you can use Macro Express within Alibre. (Sorry for the delay but I was rebuilding and did not have Alibre and Macro Express installed, and I wanted to run some tests first). While you can run Macro Express within Alibre, I...
  9. K

stp assembly export problems

Alibre STEP works for export - and export uses I am glad the Alibre STEP works for SolidWorks 2005. I posted the note because I assumed the same thing - that the Alibre STEP would not work as it did not work with my other software and was not intended to work with other software...
  10. K

Try Layers rather than Erase I would like to suggest trying the layers function and put the offending parts on a different layer. You should be able to export to STEP with the offending parts on the OFF layer, and to ACIS with only that layer turned on. It...
  11. K

Alibre STEP and SolidWorks 2004 While working with STEP files exported from Alibre in AP203 and AP214 format, I ran into problems when trying to import them into programs that use the PTC GRANITE module for their STEP file handling. While the geometry and structure...
  12. K

Solidworks and step from Alibre

SolidWorks imports Alibre STEP While working with STEP files exported from Alibre in AP203 and AP214 format, I ran into problems when trying to import them into programs that use the PTC GRANITE module for their STEP file handling. While the geometry and structure...
  13. K

API. Not intergration?

API integration While not having gotten that far yet, I believe that the API program can be run from Alibre via TOOLS > ADD-ONS. I have currently a running program that uses the API, that controls what happens in Alibre (much like running a...
  14. K

Who can program a small tool?

Re: Who can program a small tool Private Message ModTek as he is a programmer that has done some work with the API and can let you know if he can create the tool you want.
  15. K

Decent publisher/Viewer?

ModelPress Add-on for Alibre best way to publish ModelPress If you use the Tools>Add-ons>ModelPress Publisher to publish your work from within Alibre, you should have much better results with the ModelPress reader. All model hierachical information will be retained. The Professional...