What's new

Recent content by kosinski

1. K

Alibre Viewer

Viewer is needed An independent viewer for native AD files without having to "convert" or "export" to another file type would be a very good selling point. I suggested it before the last released to AD but never heard anything back. :) I.E. Adobe...
  2. K

Plane positioning and orientation question....

Cut and Paste - Try this I had some of the same problems, I found that making and saving a part to insert works better than that cut and paste commands. Especially when you have changed view from when you created the "Copy".
  3. K

Edge chamfer control - anyone

RE: Chamfer Very strange :? I think software and computers are just modern day black magic anyway :lol: I don't believe any company perdict how their s/w will run on all computer, just too many variables between all the hardware, s/w and all...
  4. K

Copy & Paste on Drawings?

Notes/drawings? Can you make the notes part of a drawing format? Like have all the notes for a sheet metal part :? ?
  5. K

Chamfer this - if you can ! OK people here one that not for the faint hearted. Start a new "Part". draw and extrude a simple cube. Now create an "EDGE CHAMFER" on one edge (turn off the propagation option)and use the angle/distance options. Looks good, so far...
  6. K

Re: Chamfer It all is working. Just not the way I want it too. The Dist and Angle one I need to work on. AD doesn't let you select which surface to apply the two options when you do an "EDGE" chamfer, at least I can see. I did get the edge...
  7. K

Re: Chamfer No actually I am chamfering along an edge. I was doing a PCB, and it has gold fingers, and you chamf. the edge to allow for easy entry into the connector. Think of it as a knife blade. Thanks for the reply!
  8. K

Edge chamfer control - anyone Hello, here is my question. AD has the dialog box for chamfer, and the options for angles and dimensions, but I can't get control over which surface to apply them. Anyone notice how too ? I'm thinking you can't, and I must extrude a...
  9. K

Sheet metal Design ???

Holes ? Digging ? AH . . . I knew someone had a system! I like the idea of ea. hole having it's own sketch, that what I was trying to get to. Too bad the s/w decides all the holes you put in are treated as a "group" not as individuals, makes for more...
  10. K

Sheet metal Design ???

Holes in sheet metal Ok all you experts :) Here is a question, when adding a "hole" feature to the sketch, is there a way to get control over where the "software" decides I want the first hole, or a way to "turn off" that operation. Usually it ends up...
  11. K

Sheet metal Design ???

RE: Thanks, I'll try those out. I'm still working out the "user" errors in the sheetmetal design portion. :oops:
  12. K

Sheet metal Design ???

Sheet metal Design ??? Anyone have any experience with "inserts" for sheet metal. I.E. standoffs, threaded inserts going in to sheet metal? I was wondering how to add them into my design? I don't see that AD has any help on this subject or anyway to do...
  13. K

Crashes a lot

AD may not be the cause - FYI I have had a few crashes myself. Notes is a pig! If you can close it. I also use a program "kill it all" to cut down on the other memory hogs. The other problem I found out about is bad power supplies in some PC's. With the new power...
  14. K

Alibre parts Library poll.

Another link to a shapes/parts library http://www.caddprimer.com/CAD_Symbols_s ... ibrary.htm
  15. K

How to create a feature that is locked?

How to create a feature that is locked? Can you in A D create a feature that is only lock together in itself? I would like be able to create clusters of cutouts, and move it as a group. And not have any of the sketch dimensions change and locate it from the center...