What's new

Recent content by Kyle

1. K

Keyshot DEMO version?

Seb, Were you still on active maintenance as of 1/4/16? KeyShot for 3D Systems (v6.x) requires active maintenance on or after 1/4/16. KeyShot for 3D Systems (v5.x) requires active maintenance on or after 3/23/15.
  2. K

strange assembly problem

Both part files are using the same GUID. This would indicate that likely a copy paste of the first file in Windows was performed. You can remedy this by opening just one of the files and doing a "Save As" and overwriting the file. This will provide a new GUID unique the that file.
  3. K

Return to Geomagic button

I believe you're probably referring to the materials linking from Design that you've referenced in some of your other posts. This would need to be implemented by Luxion for full functionality in their API. I see that you might have found your answer regarding the "round edges" in your other...
  4. K

Return to Geomagic button

Please keep in mind that there is no difference in the KeyShot for 3D Systems and the KeyShot you obtain directly from Luxion except for licensing and branding. KeyShot for 3D Systems is using the same installer, but enables the usage of the CAD HD license for Geomagic products, and branding...
  5. K

updated to 6, lost ALL materials and template files.....

During installation you are prompted to install the application for "Only for me" and "Everybody". Install for "Everybody" is the default selection. This also determines the default location of where the resource files, i.e. materials will be stored. The default path when "Everybody" is...
  6. K

KeyShot Interface Error Solved

Re: KeyShot Interface Error RocketNut, Launch KeyShot and go to Edit > Preferences. Select Advanced and ensure that "Enabled Live Linking" is checked. Also make sure that you do not have the network port listed in KeyShot blocked by Windows or any other firewall applications.
  7. K

Is 2015.1.1 better behaved with fillets etc?

2015.1.1 did resolve some cases where fillets would cause the application to freeze. I'm glad to hear things are working better for you in this regard. You can see this listed in the Readme.pdf under "Fixed Bugs" "GD-1995 Geomagic Design hangs when computing certain fillets"
  8. K

Saving files after import from *.step

Socke, The issue appears to be due to the part file "User Library-RasberryPi2 STEP214_micro USB2<1>" This component imports as empty geometry. If you delete this component first you should be able to save. It's not clear to me at this point why this geometry does not import, but in looking...
  9. K

Keshot for 3D systems changed?

JST, The desktop icon says "KeyShot 5 64". This is referencing major version 5 64bit. Upon launching KeyShot you will see the major.minor version and the license type in the title bar, i.e. "KeShot 5.3 CAD HD". Prior to this update from Luxion it would have shown "KeShot 5.2 CAD HD" KeyShot...
  10. K

Extruding to a surface limits of "to next"?

The "To Next" extrusion type only supports a single closed profile. Your sketch <16> is comprised of two closed profiles. Delete one of the profiles and the extrusion <19> to next will work. You can then do a mirror of extrusion <19> across the YZ plane, or create another sketch and...
  11. K

License key trouble

Your license has been reset.
  12. K

Regenerate in Assembly?

TylerDurden, Thank you for the example files. I've taken a look and there is certainly an issue with regards to Sketch Point/Axis reference geometry. Essentially the issue is that a Sketch Point/Axis is being placed before the sketch itself in Design Explorer. This is why it is not...
  13. K

Prerequisites

.NET 4.0 is the minimum required. The .NET 4.5 is newer and includes the same functioning libraries from 4.0.
  14. K

Prerequisites

The .NET 4.0 is the only pre-req not provided with the installer and requires a download if not already on the system.
  15. K

Triad... where is it?

Within the assembly workspace on the ribbon Assembly Tools. You will have an option for Component Placement. Select Free Drag/Use Triad and then click on the component you wish to rotate using the triad.