What's new

Recent content by macinc

1. M

How is Alibre?

Popped in to look through a few things and noticed in my control panel that I joined here wayyy back in Nov 2004........and my last log on was Jul 2011...where does the time go... So...what's new with Alibre Design? :shock:
  2. M

Alibre acquired by 3D Systems

This is probably the biggest reason for the lack of job creation here in the US, and really tough to overcome....
  3. M

$299 maintenance was nice while it lasted

Thanks, Max. I just stocked up on 2 more years of maintenance, the lic. server seems to be ok, everything works on my end. Got a sidekick of mine to buy a new license today too...sold him on the quality of AD support and people in this forum.
  4. M

$299 maintenance was nice while it lasted

A quick question...after May 01, if you let your maintenance expire, will the new price be $499 to get it back?
  5. M

Machinist toolbox

@ dammerel -- ETBX is not Machinist Toolbox, they are two different programs.
  6. M

When is Expert not Expert?

I am by no means one who thinks I am entitled to anything for free.....I have been a paying customer since V8, I use Expert and paid my maintenance to 2012. I have been grandfathered in on maintenance pricing in the past, which was a nice bonus. So when I asked about Translate being included for...
  7. M

Alibre User "Shot Gallery"

Re: Alibre User "HyperShot Gallery" My first render with HS, all the parts drawn in AD...I was surprised at how easy it is to use... :D
  8. M

v.11 Release Date???

I use CCleaner regularly on my pcs, it is a good tool (and free).
  9. M

ALibreCAM and Mach3 problems

Take out the z axis references from the G03 lines, the Tormach Mach3 doesn't support helical interpolation. To keep this from getting in your G code, edit your post processor: Pick the post you want and click "edit" Under the General tab change the "output file extension" from .txt to .nc Under...
  10. M

POST PROCESSORS- TORMACH VS. PCNC

I use the Mach3-Inch (for G20) and Mach3-MM (for G21) posts with my Tormach. I also have to edit them a little: Pick the post you want and click "edit" Under the General tab change the "output file extension" from .txt to .nc Under the Circle tab, "output format" should be set to "I,J,K only"...
  11. M

GOOD PC CONFIG EXAMPLES

I just purchased 2 laptops from Best Buy (ughhh). Gateway M-6862, SKU 8913241. They have gone closeout and are a great buy if you can get one. YMMV I bought mine in MA for $449 ea. The price in a lot of stores went from $525 to $449 yesterday. They were $749, and are still $700 on their web...
  12. M

ATI IGP 350M on HP NC4010

Seems like AD 10 might be a stretch for even the top configuration of an NC4010 notebook..... V10 Minimum Hardware Recommendations * Intel Pentium or equivalent processor: 2 GHz or faster * RAM: 1-2 GB * 1024 x 786 minimum screen resolution (1280x1024 or greater recommended)...
  13. M

Graphics card

In the versions of AD (up to now anyways), the OpenGL cards had no real improvement over a good gaming card as Alibre uses DirectX 9. Why the 8800 would be slower than the 7200, I don't know. Are they running Vista or a 64 bit OS? If so, maybe a driver issue with the 8800? Again with the quad...
  14. M

Increased Maintenance Costs

One or two frivolous law suits like this situation (if it ever got to that), and you'll see maintenance and software prices shoot up like a rocket. I am a one person company with a small budget, and was disappointed to see prices go up and also to find out that Alibre would not be honoring...
  15. M

Increased Maintenance Costs

It will be really disappointing if Alibre doesn't at least respond BEFORE the Sept deadline to clarify this issue with those it affects, even if it is just "we're very sorry for doing this, but we just can't afford to keep honoring it at this time". Might be the first real disappointment for me...