What's new

Recent content by MikeD

1. M

Geomagic 2013 - Initial views & reliability ?

Hi, Just seeking initial views on G2013 and its reliability etc. I know it was long touted as a kind of bugfix rollup edition, is that how it's panning out ? Or should I wait for SP1 ? And while I am here, is anyone at Geomagic able to tell us whether/when there will be an SP1 ? Or does...
  2. M

Engrasp Closing

No, there is a bit missing : whether or not a perpetual licence is transferrable to a new PC ? MikeD
  3. M

Engrasp Closing

Yes, I just received that too. Can anyone tell me what happens if I need to install ETBX if/when I change to a new PC ? Will my existing licence work or am I stuck ?
  4. M

Rotate moves item

But that's not what I want. I want to be able to select anywhere and not have the item move in and out of shot as I rotate. Selecting a face is no different in that respect than selecting a point: if the face is near the edge if the part/assy then the whole thing rotates about it and bits can...
  5. M

Rotate moves item

Hi, If I select and move the cursor to rotate a part or assembly in ADE 2012 the item rotates about the selected point. Is there any way to set up Alibre so that the item always rotates about the centre of the screen so that bits of it don't go in and out of shot ? Thanks, Mike
  6. M

Problem loading part designed in V10

OK, thanks for all the replies. I dug out an old hard drive and extracted the data and this time it works. Thanks again, Mike
  7. M

That didn't work, I got error "The attachment’s file size is too large, the maximum upload size is 2 MB. Please note this is set in php.ini and cannot be overridden." but you can try downloading it from : Mike
  8. M

OK, but would you prefer me to email it or what ? If so then please let me know your email address, otherwise let me know where to drop the file. Thanks, Mike
  9. M

What's the best way to get it to you ? It's size is 12Mb... Mike
  10. M

Hi, I have just returned to Alibre after a gap and have a problem loading a part in V2012 which was designed in V10. "The error box message is An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again. If the problem persists contact Alibre Customer Support and provide the following information...
  11. M

Poll - Do you plan on purchasing HyperShot for rendering?

I think you are missing the point of the criticism of Hypershot here : I am annoyed that after purchasing Photorender and paying maintenance for it for several years I have seen no updates whatsoever to this part of the package and am then told that in order to have improvements to the pretty...
  12. M

Poll - Do you plan on purchasing HyperShot for rendering?

No. I already pay for Alibre Photorender as part of ADE and I have no intention of being taken for yet another ride on an Alibre extension which is bought then not developed or kept up to date. I pay maintenance for Alibre to keep my software up to date and this constant refrain of releasing...
  13. M

The constraint cannot be applied, since it results in an ove

Thnat was it, thanks for posting that. Yes, please that would be a great enhancement along with error messages that mean something. Mike
  14. M

The constraint cannot be applied, since it results in an ove

Hi, I am having trouble : I start a new part and create a rectangle in the x-y plane. I want this rectangle to be a square centred about the origin (z-axis) so I try to apply the symetrric constraint to two parallel sides of the rectangle and the x-axis. As soon as I try this I get the error...