What's new

Recent content by mkent

1. M

Drawing a parabola

As posted a wile back in "Tools & Tips" I don't know if Alex's "Point Import Wizard" works in V12? Generating points for import Postby mkent on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:14 pm I found a nice graphing program that will let you generate a curve of any math function. You can define the extents and...
  2. M

Roll Call

Hello, I'm Mick Kent and have been here many years but I'm not real talkative as shown by my post count. I worked up to the Expert program being hooked by Alibre deals. I don't regret it one bit. I am a retired EE having spent my career primarily in machine design / controls. My hobbies...
  3. M

Paul Grayson on "The Cloud" Interview

and the lawyers get richer.
  4. M

Paul Grayson on "The Cloud" Interview

Why should we consider software that we bought is ours?
  5. M

Overide Layer Line Features

This function has been changed somewhat in V12 and I can no longer change a selected line width. Would someone please confirm this. I submitted a report but no answer yet.
  6. M

V12 Rocks !

The new lighting is very nice but the "visible edges" needs to be turned off in "View", "Display"; just click "Shaded"
  7. M

v12 sneak peak video

Sounds like a big leap forward. Alibre is the best value by far. Congrats to the team!
  8. M

Vista or XP ??

Microsoft is working hard on the next POS due to the universal bad-mouthing (and lack of sales) of vista. The code name is Windows7 I think. Hopefully it will only be a pos and not a POS. You would be wise to wait. :D
  9. M

Incorrect B-spline translation from 3D to 2D

I tried to highlight and delete the bad line but it would not delete? I'll try drawing the curve in 2D? Thanks for your help.
  10. M

I saw a curve as you have displayed in one of my attempts; with the double line. Any idea what is happening Miles?
  11. M

I noticed a "dog leg" in the B-spline curve when I produced a 2D drawing from a 3D part. The curve is a parabola imported with "Point Import Wizard". It looks good in the 3D sketch but has a definite hitch in 2D. I tried several times with the same result. I am running V11 on vista. I have...
  12. M

Tips and Tricks:

Generating points for import I found a nice graphing program that will let you generate a curve of any math function. You can define the extents and the increments for the curve and a list of points will be generated in .csv format or others. The points can then be brought into Alex's "Point...
  13. M

V11 bug - 3D Connexion devices protocol

I got an answer from support: use a mouse; we are working on a fix.