What's new

Recent content by mtauer

1. M

Listing for Engineering Assistance Using AD

Listing for Engineering Assistance Using AD Below is a listing from http://www.Guru.com. I do not have the time to pursue, but figured someone here could write up a proposal if they are looking for some work. I have had limited success with getting work on this site in the...
  2. M

Antivirus Software

I dumped Norton last year and switched to AVG free through recommendations in this forum and since then AD does not shut down on me. Coincidence? Not sure, I do not know enough about this stuff, but I will never go back to Norton. Mark
  3. M

Solidworks / Alibre Observations

Please do not take offense to this post but doesn’t it say General Discussion is for: Posts include general comments and questions including those regarding how Alibre Design compares to other CAD systems. Also this quote from above kind of bothers me: “It would probably be better for...
  4. M

I agree totally fitzbond, I think you will find I have never made any personal attacks on anybody in this forum. I have always tried to make my posts factual and professional. Mark
  5. M

First off, I do not think you are qualified to tell me that I should learn AD. :? Secondly, I am not talking about add-ins. I am talking about just simple modeling operations. The fact that a SW VAR barely beat you seems hard to believe, but I was not there nor do I know your capabilities, so...
  6. M

New Features in 9.1

This is very specific :lol:. You know, "ENHANCED", I have been waiting for this for some time now :lol: I am feeling a little sarcastic tonight. Mark
  7. M

When I started using SW in 97, PRO-E and SDRC were the bad guys. Particularly PRO-E's iron fisted sales approach. Funny how now SW is the "bad guy". I remember when 5K was a steal compared to the 20-25K. I have never had a problem with SW sales and I too have spent a few days in Concord, MA...
  8. M

Configurations explained

I am not sure the definition of a skeleton part but I believe it is similar to creating a master model and I have probably used that technique without knowing the actual name. Sub-dividing a part via configs produces a very stable model. Alot more stable than top-down modeling. This keeps me...
  9. M

Configurations explained

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post but figured I would post it here as well: Configs work great for designing housings/enclosures. For example a three part housing (side a, side b, and battery door). First design the entire enclosure and save it as the base config. Then create a...
  10. M

Maybe time to upgrade!

This is part of the email I just got for upgrading from Pro to Expert Save $100 on Alibre Design Expert When you Upgrade from Professional by July 31 Normally $395. Pay just $295 To upgrade call 877-525-4273, dial 2 for sales, or email Expert in Motion. Also in this email: With...
  11. M

A Glorious 4th of July to All in the USA!!

Thats the peak. I started one of my most memorable backpacking trips off that tram(into the valley behind you in the picture). After seeing your photo I dug through alot of my old pix this weekend. thanks for depressing me :D :wink: Ive been too busy raising young children to do any of the...
  12. M

A Glorious 4th of July to All in the USA!!

Mike: Where was that picture taken from in the Tetons? (OK let me guess, Mount Rendezvous) I worked in Yellowstone for two summers and did ALOT of backpacking in the Yellowstone/Teton region including climbing Middle and South Teton. I have to agree with you about the Tetons, I absolutely...
  13. M

The Latest FREE CAD Software

Gotta wonder if a file from the free version can be opened in a licensed PowerShape version. Did I say (type) that out loud? Delcam is probably smarter than that though :wink: Thanks for the link Miles, I did see that same stuff today in the Delcam forum but did not get around to...
  14. M

I have not downloaded it yet but I plan to after looking at the surfacing capabilities on the website and reading a few reviews. There never seems likes there is enough time in the day, never mind taking time to look at/learn a new software. While it says that it is a hybrid modeler it...
  15. M

Thats a lot of $change$ to add for just exporting an STL file for prototyping. Think of how many design iterations there are in any given project with a fair amount of complexity. Yikes!!! It wouldn't take long for someone to justify purchasing a license if they like the software. I will...