What's new

Recent content by neelie2

1. N

How to unassemble an Assembly Boolean

I used Assembly Boolean to create a single part of all of the parts in my assembly. This was nearly 4 years ago and I may have done something wrong. Now I would like to use that assembly again (all as separate parts) but it has disappeared. Is it possible to "unassemble" the .sat back into...
  2. N

Using Assembly Boolean

Harold, I tried it and that did work. It wouldn't even allow me to create a 2D drawing from the .stp whereas before it did. So I guess I can assume no one else will be able to get a look at what's inside. I still don't understand why everything is visible when I only pick certain components...
  3. N

Using Assembly Boolean

I have created an assembly of approx. 20 parts for our production people to use. I want to create a .stp file to send to the customer showing overall size for use in their assembly, but do not necessarily want to show "the guts". So, when picking the blanks in assembly boolean I only selected...
  4. N

Assembly Boolean is making me crazy

Thank you, that did work! I've connected 6 or 7 parts together before with no problems as long as they were mated (constrained), but this had me a bit frustrated. Much obliged!
  5. N

Assembly Boolean is making me crazy

I have a circular connector that I downloaded from the mfg. It is made of separate parts that are not touching. I picked two parts that adequately portray the look I want and inserted a block shaped design to connect them together. Constrained one side of the block to each of the two parts...
  6. N

Convert Assembly to Single Part

Good Grief! You are all 100% correct. I did have things "not connected". Errors on my part on the 2 connectors but I purposely kept the faceplate and backplate a minimal distance apart (for looks). How wrong I was to do that! Also Alibre support said my build may be problematic doing what...
  7. N

Stefan, I started fresh with my 6 component assembly, followed your instructions. This was the result
  8. N

Also, I didn't catch the "package" reference. See attached. Sorry. Very frustrated at this point
  9. N

Nope. Still doesn't work. I start with an assembly of 6 parts. Perform assembly Boolean exactly as you have instructed. The separate part file comes up as .sat. Save to .prt. When I open that .prt it still says Imported SAT file. export to .stp - looks like this
  10. N

Last week I did the same thing, only I created it all as one part. I had no problem creating .stp form that. I'm trying to avoid having to do that for hundreds of different motors.
  11. N

The .sat is one solid part but the customer wants .stp. When I export to .stp then open the .stp there are many separate parts. Then Alibre stops working. In uploaded file I somehow merged (what originally was) 4 separate parts into something called 7003-002SF blank. All I want to do is have...
  12. N

and then......... it crashes. .........every time
  13. N

There is no "import" anymore, only "open" a file. Only way to import is from an assembly. I just tried following JL82's instructions. Same result. Opens with 24 different components.
  14. N

I am experiencing the same problem. Trying to create .stp from an assembly. I have tried Boolean unite, exporting to .sat, save to a part, export to .iges, then export to .stp. Every try results in a .stp file full of all the separate parts. I just want to meld all parts of assembly into one...
  15. N

Bill of material updates

Ok this was originally posted 5 years ago. Hasn't this been addressed yet? And I don't see any real answer anywhere. I am having the same problems and clicking "update table" does nothing. I would love to know what is going wrong.