What's new

Recent content by OzBrand

1. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

Terrific explainer vid btw Harold. Much appreciated, thanks.
  2. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

A few minutes is what I was hoping for! Yep, we're metric in this part of the world, from mid 70's IIRC. Anyway, thanks all for your input, time to put this baby to bed. Cheers, Mike
  3. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

Ok, so I gave the sheetmetal option a crack (thanks Ken) and got a pretty good result except for one thing. The slot faces are not parallel and need to be, due to the parallel pin design of the actuating lever, (see pic). I then upgraded to V25 and tried the wrap feature. Nice feature, but as...
  4. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

That's a handy tutorial and nice presented too. Thanks for taking the time to assist. Cheers
  5. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

Thanks Ken, I can give it a crack in sheetmetal, I didn't think about that but I can see how you've done it. Cheers
  6. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

Hi Harold, I don't have the wrap feature it seems. I guess this is in a later build than mine. Cheers
  7. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

Hey Ken, using Expert 2019. Cheers
  8. OzBrand

How to tackle this one?

Hi All, It's been a long while since I've been on here (few years maybe). Haven't done too many projects lately. I'm a bit hung up on figuring the best way to handle this task. The pic attached is a shaft from a battery isolator which accepts a lever with two guide studs. I need to recreate...
  9. OzBrand

Sheet metal stamping feature question

Thanks Harold and Lew, Harold - I did have some some success with the dimple tool but your methodology worked better. Either way we have to use the model functionality, not just the sheet metal menu. Regardless, it will bend/unbend, which sometimes it doesn't when using model features such as...
  10. OzBrand

Note leaders.... getting the leader at the correct end?

Based on your post title, I thought you were giving specific instructions to the Alibre management team...
  11. OzBrand

Sheet metal stamping feature question

G'day All, Seeking out the pros for some advice on a sheet metal part. I have had several attempts at replicating the dimple feature (as pictured in the attachments) using the sheet metal menu rather than the model menu. I have not had any success. We're using 1.5mm thick full hard copper...
  12. OzBrand

Sketch constraint questions.

Thanks for your input HaroldL. I hadn't thought of using that process but it works a treat. It's a great work around and will prove very handy to me. Cheers, Mike
  13. OzBrand

Sketch constraint questions.

Using the same sketch as my second post, this would be a typical example where I would use the Offset feature. Creating a recess for a gasket/seal in a plastic part, or locking two parts together, etc.