What's new

Recent content by payers

1. P

Threading and Threaded Holes in Alibre

I would definitely support this enhancement as well. /oops!!! Turns out I have already supported this enhancement request!!! My apologies.
  2. P

Computer Specs

Re: the comment about dual core CPU's being clocked at 2Ghz... While it's true that the Intel chips are not clocked overly high from the factory, they do have a lot of headroom provided one is using the right motherboard. I am not an overclocking guru by any means, but I do know people that...
  3. P

Graphics card

I would second the 8600GT recommendation - it's what I am currently using in my work desktop and I have had no issues whatsoever. My home PC only has a 7600GT, and no issues there either, though I haven't done alot of Alibre work on it. To be honest, I would wonder if your issues are related...
  4. P

Threading and Threaded Holes in Alibre

I would definitely second this one.
  5. P

External thread creator for Alibre.

I have modelled BECO style threads using Alibre. They were not exact - just used for a presentation type drawing. I left it up to the machinist to do the dirty work. Just going from memory, I believe I created a tapered end on the drill stem that had outside dimensions equal to the root...
  6. P

Phanthom, Center lines

Re: I'm having the same issue with prints. It doesn't appear to matter which version of AD created the drawing, either. Straight hidden lines are printing properly, but any that are circular are printing as solid lines.
  7. P

Alibre Server Maintenance and v10?

Re: This comment troubles me. Alibre touts the online server as part of it's product. Granted, it is more along the lines of a value-added thing than part of the core functionality, but it is still one of the features they use to...
  8. P

Daul core support - dont hold your breath - unhappy user.

Re: Oh, definitely. This is the 4th machine I have used Alibre on, and it seems that graphics card and ram are more critical to speed (at least in Alibre) than raw cpu horsepower. Besides the 2 mentioned above, I have my home PCs...
  9. P

Daul core support - dont hold your breath - unhappy user.

Re: David, I could be wrong, but I believe both the CPU's that you list have the same core speed (2000Mhz). From what I've read, you will see a small (5% or so) improvement on single-threaded apps, mainly due to background processes...
  10. P

A few questions...

Thanks Travis.
  11. P

A few questions...

A few questions... Re: moving Alibre to another computer. I finally convinced the boss that the computer I have been using (AMD 2100XP, 512MB Ram, GForce MX440) was getting a little long in the tooth, and have taken delivery of a new system (Intel...
  12. P

.CAD to .DWG or DXF?

I don't know that they will help with this file extension - but in the past I have used "ACME CAD Converter" and a program I believe was called "Universal CAD Converter". If memory serves, they were both time-limited, but 15 days should be long enough to convert the files over. Hope that...
  13. P

Startup Screens Blank

Slightly different issue for me (or non-issue I guess). I have the Alibre logo, but I haven't had a community tab in weeks. I can't blame it on an update, as I am still using 9.1 at work. As I say, it's pretty much a non-issue, but it was a bit of a shocker when I first noticed it. My home...
  14. P

Revert option for sketches and cuts.

As in Edit-->Undo? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean either.
  15. P

Bolt circle?

Whenever I am doing bolt circles, I just layout one hole using the hole tool. Then, I edit the sketch to orient the hole node (Diameter/2). If an angle is required, it can also be editted at this time. My personal preference is to lay out a reference line from the center of the flange or...