What's new

Recent content by Pete Cuthbert

1. P

Yet another sweep issue...

Hi Folks Thanks for that advice. Back to the 'instructions' then. As it happens this is the first drawing that I have 'completed' in Atom so the way to do assembly has not been on my learning list so far. Most of my previous drawings have been abandoned because I lacked the skill to complete...
  2. P

Hi Ken Many thanks for that follow up information. Yet another bit of Alibre I did not know about! I have used it to make the attached file, though it is hardly worth viewing. The big test will come when I have made the jig and start trying to bend the pipe. Best wishes Pete
  3. P

Hi Ken Many thanks for the detective work. I have now looked at the file at this end and found the offending 'rubbish'. I imagine that it must have been left over from an earlier attempt to draw the pipe that I had thought deleted. As I have an old copy of Atom I cannot open your file, but...
  4. P

Dear Alibre Colleagues Greetings from damp and windy Cymru. Some of you may recall my question some time ago about a pyramid coil for a cowl to keep Herring Gulls from nesting on our chimney. Happily, that idea has been taken up by a blacksmith and will be implemented in steel in due course...
  5. P

Pyramid coil?

Hi Everybody Many thanks for your comments and suggestions. I have followed David's suggestions and developed a rather nice Egyption Style pyramid. The helical coil went quite well after I got rid of the self referential issue and it then 'looked the business'. I felt that I was clearly...
  6. P

Pyramid coil?

Hi David Thank you for the detailed instructions. That sounds to be a very sensible way to create the structure but not a way I would have thought of at all. I shall neak away and give it a whirl after dinner this evening! Best wishes Pete
  7. P

Pyramid coil?

Hi Stefan Many thanks for the post. Yes that is exactly what I had in mind. The device will have rods at each of the corners that go up to the top and meet in in the middle to give a 'point'. Below the pyramid they will go straight down and probably be welded to some strip that will be used...
  8. P

Pyramid coil?

Good Morning from a frosty Wales I am attempting, but not succeeding, in the drawing of a pyramid. However, is is not an Egyption style solid pyramid, but a rectangular coil pyramid. The 'why' may help to explain. We have solar PV on our roof and have recently had the unused chimney capped...
  9. P

Spiral Woes

Hi Harold Many thanks for your post. Clearly a time for me to hide under the desk with embarassment. I thought that I had made the two tapers the same. I like the change to -25 as that looks better. I am happy to report that I have drawn a figure with four spirals going one way and four...
  10. P

Spiral Woes

Hi Friends It is some time since I have been working with Atom due to rather a lot of real world 3D projects. However, I have now come up with a scheme that needs to be drawn before implementation. The problem is that living in Cymru near the coast, Herring Gulls and the like do enjoy nesting...
  11. P

Atom 3D sheet metal features like 'flange'

Hi Stefan Many thanks for looking. More embarrassment it seems. I was looking at the wrong half of the process. Doh!! Regards Pete
  12. P

Hi Everybody A very embarrassed red face at this location. I have been adjusting the boiler heating coil drawing outlet pipes. I thought that was no problem having done them quite a few times. This time I have a fully defined drawing that will not Sweep. The error message is 'Invalid...
  13. P

Hi Folks Thanks to all your help progress has been good and I am pushing the boundaries of my abilities again. The heat exchanger coil is now correct and, since there are two back to back in the real thing, it seemed obvious that Mirror was the place to go. Having worked out the desired...
  14. P

Hi David & Harold Thank you for the key tip, giving sketches descriptive names. I had not spotted that was available but what a difference it makes to getting on top of what each sketch is meant to be doing. Having done that I have managed to get the 'Invalid Sketch' error message to disappear...
  15. P

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will fire up Atom this evening and see what I can do. Domestic demands call at the moment. Best wishes Pete