What's new

Recent content by PlutoniumDan

1. P

Build 2017.1.2 Why is it so unstable

Will do a reload and also look into updating if I can get the newest version on a maintenance licence, the offer comes up now and then
  2. P

So what you are saying is I was given an inferior version of alibre compared to what I had before and now I must pay to get a better version.
  3. P

I'm at my wits end with this version of Alibre. All the licencing fuckups and different companies owning Alibre and when the dust settled anyone no longer on maintenance got this unstable sometimes unusable version that just drives me mental when using it for my livelihood. Sketches that move...
  4. P

Sketch editing very slow and lagging

Thanks for the help guys, I will give em both a try , simplifying the sketch and using feature tools after extrude would make it easier and quicker to build a model. I am no expert myself so my workflow can be messy. I try and do too much in the sketch to start with. cheers Dan
  5. P

Sketch editing very slow and lagging

Hello Please can someone help, I have attached a file of a sketch for a component I am creating. My problem is that working on the sketch is increadibly slow, Just selecting the circle command can take up to 10 seconds and and the same with other commands. I have had this problem before with...
  6. P

Help with Lofting multiple sketches did work now it doesnt

thanks ralf3, so much hassle today and all it was was a corrupt file, now for a late night catching up on work.
  7. P

Thank you for the help guys, I must have had a corrupt file or drawing, short story, yesterday I used my portable hard drive to move the job files from my pc to the new work pc and then I deleted the job file but didnt empty the recycle bin. I just restored the deleted files from the bin and...
  8. P

Thanks for the help Eina, I am creating a desk leg to be made out of carbonfibre, at the bottom it will have a 40mm circle and at the top which is the profiles I have posted here it starts with an aerofoil profile, because its a curved shape that is going from a starting shape to an end shape...
  9. P

I also get the same result, same problem, I copied each sketch and put it into a new drawing with the correctly spaces planes and makes no difference
  10. P

The profile was created from a symetrical aerofoil and then I made a extrusion of it, I then scaled the extrusion to the size I needed( saving between every step) then projected the extrusion to get the new sketch and copied and pasted that into the leg2 drawing on the sketch planes. I have...
  11. P

Thank you for the reply ASP, I did everything in Alibre, the sketched being different than when editing seems to happen when you copy and paste them from a projected sketch in a seperate 3d file. Doesnt normally seem to cause a problem but to me it looks like its a bug in Alibre. I have had...
  12. P

Please can someone help with this part I am trying to make, I am lofting from an aerofoil profile to a circle. To get the correct profile I want I am having to slice up a loft and scale it to produce the reducing and blending shapes I need for the part. The end result is the attached loft...
  13. P

Adding new materials to keyshot 1.9 library

thanks Harold, simple answer it does make sence to do that, what I did originally was right click the component click material properties click base map browse in texture to find the jpeg image i want to use this is when nothing happened until i discovered( not reading any manual) at the...
  14. P

Adding new materials to keyshot 1.9 library

Please could someone explain to me how to add new materials to the keyshot 1.9 materials library. The carbon fibre material it comes with looks nothing like it should and I need to be able to add my own materials like I could with Photorender. I find the simplicity of keyshot to be adding a...
  15. P

suppress function deletes instead of turning gray

Ok me stupid, after doing the right thing and searching older posts for suppressing problems I found one that explained that my problem was that I had 'suppressed features' in the 'view' menu unticked, so all is good, I should use alibre design more often noob!!