What's new

Recent content by rcheliman

1. R

Makerbot Replicator: Poor Print Quality

If you send over the file I will print it out for you for a comparison. I have seen better results off of a Makerbot. If the printer is one of the old (wooded) replicators then I from my experience, yes, that is typical. If it is from a newer machine (black metal case) then something is wrong...
  2. R

No Infill

I have never used "Repetier-Host with Slic3r" but assuming you exported the .stl, I would assume it is something with the settings in the slicer software or the geometry has not top. If you want to post the cubes, I can bring them into the printing software I use. The export settings / export...
  3. R

Thoughts On Offer

Personally,, I do not care how long it takes something to print. It is quality that counts. The parts need to perform a task. Whether it is accuracy, surface finish, material choice, etc. (color should not matter as there are tons of spray paint out there) that matters. If the printer meets...
  4. R

Can't scroll to bottom of MOPS entries

Sorry to jump in late on this but are you using V1? The bug does exist in V1, Alibre / MecSoft does know about it and did not fix it. I had lengthy conversations with them about this. Last I checked it is fixed in V2 but not 100% sure. Maybe they will work something out with you. I do not...
  5. R

How do I get Alibre CAM?

All, I sent a note to MecSoft. "I know that when I needed new codes generated by Mecsoft (to install on a new machine) they would not generate them unless my maintenance was current." Based on the email that Anita sent me it should not matter if you are current or not. The only thing...
  6. R

Hole pocketing makes wrong hole diameters

I believe I figured out what was going on. Under Cut Parameters there is a check box that needs to be selected " Use Arc Dia as Hole Dia for any Arcs/Circles selected. The other thing that I did was put each hole as its own feature. Hope this helps David
  7. R

Alibre unstable with CAM 2.0 loaded?

wow, that is messed up. That is why I did not see it on my test. Thanks for the heads up! David
  8. R

Ok, can you guys post the file so I can see what not to do? Thanks, David
  9. R

Can you guys post your file. I think I copied what you were trying to do but I do not get the 5th hole. Maybe it is me? David Sorry I just looked at your images again, I think I figured it out. Try to extrude below Z0. Then do the same with the holes on the top and cut down. Generate your...
  10. R

Positive Experience with Mecsoft

Nothing that I have run into yet. So far I am happy and have not run into anything. But like anything else, time will tell. David
  11. R

Positive Experience with Mecsoft

Glad to hear the helped you out so quickly. That sounds similar to my experiences with that error message. A question I have is: Is that with V1.2 or V2.X. I have only experienced that with V1.x and hope it is resolved in V2.x. David
  12. R

Slot milling

Can you post your file? I am sure it is something simple. David
  13. R

CAM 2.0 Installation problem

Wow, That would have been nice to read in release notes. I do not remember seeing that posted anywhere. Sorry to hear that. I would offer to help but I just upgraded my other computer and got the codes. I wonder if that is a glitch or Alibre was aware that would happen. Maybe tech support...
  14. R

CAM 2.0 Installation problem

I am surprised that there are issues, I figured they would all be on the ball considering the new release. I believe I waited about 5 hours for my email. In MecSoft's defense I sent them the codes at 6AM EST. I can say that I did not have any issues with installing the software. So far I...
  15. R

Creating single line cam toolpath

I believe you have to treat it as if you were engraving with an offset. You will need to "boundry" to follow but it should work. David