What's new

Recent content by rgyuka

1. R

Drawing associativity?

Not sure if it will help; but you could try a 'CTRL-SHIFT-F5' in the assembly 'after your changes', but before editing the part?
  2. R

Auto Constraint to a plane in a sketch

You can Automatically 'infer' certain constrains, such as a circle center to the origin point (Cursor changes), circle sizes, etc. You get those 'inference lines' when Alibre sees a potential relationship between other parts of your sketch. If you mean how to 'Automatically' constrain say a...
  3. R

Alibre P.E. fails to save

Hi Cadfael, Though I am not running PE (pro here), I have had that happen 'numerous' times when opening a drawing. It seems to happen when I boot my computer up for the 1st time, files will be missing (but they are NOT, as I checked), and even if I attempt to replace them with the correct file...
  4. R

Quick constraint tool problem

Thank you for the info Don...you've re-enforced my decision too 'not' upgrade my version of pro due to a lot of 'anomalies' I see people having on this forum. I think I will wait for the next major revision....too many projects at work going on right now.
  5. R

Quick constraint tool problem

Hi Dhig....Do you mean you cannot see the actual constraint Dialogue box pop up? Make sure you have the latest Video Card Drivers installed (from MFG. site preferred) and Direct X 9.0C as others have mentioned. Sometimes these drivers with certain hardware can cause conflicts & weird problems...
  6. R

Saving Files

Your Not Crazy Charlie, I have noticed this behavior for several versions now (currently still on 12.1 Pro and using the WFS). I've learned to double check the file locations, as I use to 'merrily' click & save and wonder where the heck my files went? This happens 'All the time', if I export...
  7. R

Final 2011 build is out - 56

Thanks MKR, I was holding off on upgrading because of that. Have a great X-Mas!
  8. R

2011 install glitch

Hi Steve, Try CC Cleaner (free) after you uninstall. download here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner -Install the program CC cleaner. -Uninstall Alibre -Re-boot your computer -Run CC Cleaner and select the 'Registry cleaner' option on the left. Be careful with the other options if you decide...
  9. R

Add a thread to a nut

You may be right Kev, as I have not tried multiple threaded holes in say a metal plate... and I'm sure you would need lots of processor power & memory if it was more than a handful?
  10. R

Add a thread to a nut

As mentioned by the other posters in 'real life production' you would need to make adjustments. such as flats at the bottom and tops of threads, radii calculations, etc. and adjust your 'cutting tool sketch' accordingly. 2 methods I've found work well; -Use reference geometry to your...
  11. R

Final 2011 build is out - 56

Max....will build 57 address the autocad export issue mentioned by MKR?? I use this feature 'extensively' when sending drawings for fabrication, and was hoping for a step forward....not back :( Still on the fence on upgrading from V12.1 Pro, due to ongoing projects as well.
  12. R

Constraing Lofted flanges

My attempt Edwood, As Toshi said, elbow is a sweep thin boss part in my case(wish I could do these in Alibre sheet metal....hint Max!), though straight sections are lofted flanges. Version 12.1 pro (still, I know!) 1st side of elbow added plane, axis & point as Nate did and used 'elbow axis'...
  13. R

2011 Pro sheetmetal users-I need your upgrade advice!

Thanks for the clarification....had me worried for a second!
  14. R

Thanks RobB., much appreciate the info....I've been 'straddling the fence' on whether to do the upgrade. How was your transition from Version 12.1?? No problems with opening/re-saving files, especially when working with assemblies and constraints? Thanks again for the input :D
  15. R

Anyone, please chime in.... who uses Sheet metal especially in the new build? I just want to make sure none of my previous models/assemblies will get 'broken' somehow (constraints, weird stuff, etc.) and I won't be able to update/revise my drawings. Should I wait till the next minor...