What's new

Recent content by rhjiv

1. R

Thumbnail Generation

UPDATE: Graphics (AMD) drivers updated and Alibre uninstalled/reinstalled (2017.1) - no thumbnails - no errors Installed Alibre Thumbnailer - back to original problem. The issue comes back to generating thumbnails via ad_thumbnail_viewer64.dll for ANY application that sees thumbnails. A...
  2. R

Thumbnail Generation

Generated a support ticket - so far, they pointed to one of those marked up utilities to clean of the registry and automate sfc /scannow, updating graphic drivers, and restoring it to an earlier point in time - all of which haven't helped. Will post a solution once found or otherwise.
  3. R

Thumbnail Generation

UPDATE: Graphics (AMD) drivers updated and Alibre reinstalled - no love. The issue comes back to generating thumbnails via ad_thumbnail_viewer64.dll in any application that sees large thumbnails. Will generate ticket if no one knows how to TURN OFF using the ad_thumbnail_viewer64.dll...
  4. R

Thumbnail Generation

@Ralf All my non system specific programs are on separate drives/partitions (like D:\Program Files,E:\Program Files,etc) , guess I am spoiled by the insane logic of a Linux system - been running that way for years without issue (though occasionally even Microsoft fails to properly follow their...
  5. R

Thumbnail Generation

Anyone else experiencing issues generating a thumbnail of an alibre doc in explorer or in file open - problem crashes and restarts windows explorer or Alibre. This is a recent problem. Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.15063.447, time stamp: 0x951324bb Faulting module...
  6. R

Windows 10

Hear you on the back server/update stuff - it was the first thing I disabled after installing and my network monitor has noticed any unusual transmissions (though a couple of KB can be a lot of information depending on frequency of updates)
  7. R

Once again: no licence, WAKE UP GM, FIX THIS....

As a v16 user, I wrestle with this every time I start the program - sometimes it comes up licensed in 30secs, mostly 3 minutes and far too often fails, hangs and needs to be reauthorized using the same numbers over again - my start time has been as long as 25 minutes of multiple failed...
  8. R

Windows 10

I did the in-place upgrade a couple weeks back - very seamless and no hiccups with v16 apart from the ongoing issues with licensing coughing up hairballs as it did in WIN81. One of the best MS experiences ever and it has me worried. :shock:
  9. R

Yep, another apparent license messup, GD dead in water

were you able to resolve your issue. The licensing information you are looking for would be an email from 3dsystems@flexnetoperations.com with the subject "Your Geomagic Software Order Details" - it contains the Software Activation Code for v16 and v17 GeoMagic software. The system is fairly...
  10. R

VisualCAM 2015 For Geomagic

doing the same thing but not seeing how the whole dongle thing is going to work with my "Expert" license - let us know how your process worked for you :?: virtual - hardware - softkey?
  11. R

Heavy Loading Time

can understand the licencing handshake lag but does it lock up your computer while waiting (a fresh reboot doesn't help either)
  12. R

Heavy Loading Time

Recently my GeoMagic Design (aka Expert) has had this extremely heavy cpu load in starting up - it takes nearly 2 minutes (with my 6core) and locks up the keyboard/mouse/system 2-3 times before opening the start bar. Searched the topics but nothing is popping up? Thanks in advance for any...
  13. R

How can I make this look right...

has RALF shared this beautiful trick with us :D having the same issue with corrugated pipe Thinking it should be done in sections but...
  14. R

CAD "philosophy" or "best practices" books, info,etc?

Curious myself I found these: http://ebookbrowse.com/cdssolidmodeling ... -d16492622 http://ebookbrowse.com/cdssketcherbestp ... -d59759577 EDIT: or hiding in here - http://carrdesignservices.com/Training2.htm there was also a discussion a while back about whether every component of every...
  15. R

RETIRED Expert 11.2 - Translate License

don't really know. grabCAD file - though it would be nice if the file version was mentioned in the error as well. Even if it pitched the fact that the file was NEWER than the current license. :idea: Was able to open a STEP of the file so that works for now - glad it wasn't a more encompassing...