What's new

Recent content by robdavis

1. R

Design Explore side bar instability

From V(whatever) I have been having problems with items in the Design Explorer with items in the side bar jumping around erratically as I work with it - certainly not a show stopper but very annoying and can result in design errors. Has anybody else experienced this? I suspect it is a dwell...
  2. R

Save As has stopped working

I believe this problem has a MicroSoft Windws 7 route cause - probably something in am upgrade has triggered the problem. I have been using Geomagic Design/Alibre for 10 years and using "Save As" almost daily until a couple of weeks ago when it stopped working. I have been told that "Save As"...
  3. R

Save As has stopped working

Has anyone else had a problem with "Save As"?
  4. R

Where is Best Place to Download Fasteners?

I struggled with this years ago before quickly concluding that it is easier to model a library of fasteners yourself. Have a each style of fastener a separate "Part" (Hexhead, Sockethead, Countersunk, Buttonhead, whatever). The GMD "Configurations" is ideal for defining different sizes with a...
  5. R

People Models

Here is Jack - he come in 3 sizes. Jack can be manipulate to any position.
  6. R

how do you do artistic stuff?

Hi ? I have done the sort of thing you are looking for recently. Open a Drawing, inset a .jpg and trace around it with a spline . Copy the the trace (Select followed by Ctrl C) and Paste (Ctrl V) into a Part sketch plane. Extrude or or cut the Sketch.
  7. R

Adding a Flange to Bend

Thanks David, This is certainly not a design for a brake press on its own. It can be made with a brake press and rolling with appropriate tooling from a single sheet (punched or laser cut) as our current conveyors are designed. We are having to replace our hundreds of existing conveyor frame...
  8. R

Adding a Flange to Bend

Is there a way of adding a Flange to a Bend (as in the frame walls of a conveyor) in GM and then produce a flat drawing for laser cutting? Is it possible with other packages - SW, Inventor and so on?
  9. R

Extrude Cut Problem

Thanks Andrew, This weird as both my arcs were Project to Sketch!!
  10. R

Extrude Cut Problem

Why does Extrude Cut (Extrude 11) not work?
  11. R

GM Version 16?

12. R

Writing on a Bend

I thought I could write on a Bend (700 X 1,000 X 1,000mm radius with Unbend, Extrude Cut the Sketch of the characters and then Rebend. I have tried this but it is not working. I believe that I have done this before but can't find the model. Am I missing something?
  13. R

Suppressing Parts in an Assembly with GD V2014

Thanks David - I was missing something.
  14. R

Suppressing Parts in an Assembly with GD V2014

I previous version, when you Suppressed a Part in an Assembly the Part was greyed out and Constraints removed in Design Explorer. You could restore the Part and Constraints by Unsuppressing the Part. In V2014 the part is removed in Design Explorer and cannot be restored - it is equivalent to...
  15. R

Need to design a box (RSC) part template

Hi ??? I opened the SW Part with GM and converted it to SM - all good except the the top flaps did not convert. However the converted file cannot be edited as it has no "history" as is the case with converting parts from one package to another. I don't believe that there are any short cuts -...