What's new

Recent content by robf

1. R

Alibre Viewer, Alibre Exchange, Flex Licensing are live

ralf, he's referring to Translate, not Exchange. From Max's first post So, yes it looks as though you can. Whether it applies to PE or not I don't know.
  2. R

.bip export

I knocked up this basic 12" leadscrew so I could see what the minimum 'facet setting' I could get away with and still look presentable in Keyshot, but when the helical boss is extended beyond approx 4.5" I get a 'failed to publish to keyshot' dialogue. It doesn't seem to be file size related as...
  3. R

moving the sketch

Hold the 'shift' key while dragging the sketch.
  4. R

Keyshot 3.1 CAD

Thanks Jonathan. And for the record, my local reseller John Minto / Mintronics always provides a first rate service. Very happy. Thanks again. Rob
  5. R

Keyshot 3.1 CAD

Thanks Max, I appreciate your early morning reply. Any chance you can gee up your sales team. It's been yet another week! CaseNumber: 00054788 Created On: 3/28/2012 Status: Answered Type: How Do I? Subject: Keyshot 3 for Alibre Description: Hello Alibre, I have previously upgraded from...
  6. R

PDF Creator not working

natram, I had this same problem. I don't want to try the following in case I screw mine up again, but from memory ... If you reinstall PDFCreator, it will advise that an installation already exists and needs to uninstall it. All appears well but the app still can't be found. The way round it...
  7. R

Keyshot 3.1 CAD

Max, if you're looking in can you advise? I have emailed Alibre sales twice and been waiting 2 weeks ... no reply. I have emailed Luxeon three times and been waiting 3 weeks ... no reply. thanks Rob
  8. R

Keyshot 3.1 CAD

Ralf, I think it is you that does not understand. I know there are different versions of Keyshot. That is my point! I have upgraded from the Alibre Edition Basic to Keyshot for Alibre. It is this version which in the title bar says "KeyShot 2.2 CAD HD" It does have off line rendering and high...
  9. R

Keyshot 3.1 CAD

Thanks ralf, but isn't that an upgrade from a 'full blown' keyshot 2, not just the HD CAD version. I don't want to pay another 395USD for a limited import version. (Yes I'm well aware that Alibre can act as an interpreter/ converter SOMETIMES)
  10. R

Keyshot 3.1 CAD

A while ago I upgraded (more money!) the laughably useless Alibre supplied keyshot 2 to the 2.2 CAD HD version which gave increased (usable) resolution and off line rendering. I recently installed keyshot 3.1 CAD, downloaded from Alibre. The resolution is reduced compared to 2.2 CAD HD and once...
  11. R

Exporting sketches or 2d geometry

I don't know that this is the most efficient way, but when you've flattened the part, save the file. Open in 'New Drawing', select the view and scale you require and export as dxf. Rob
  12. R

SOIC-8 package related(Tips and Tricks request)

I agree entirely Leigh. A common origin, x-y offset and rotation are all that are required, but I think what Lew needs is a way to represent the component in the Alibre domain and therefore needs the dimensions so he can 'place' the component and then offer up the information. Rob
  13. R

SOIC-8 package related(Tips and Tricks request)

Hi Lew, a free comprehensive set of land patterns, courtyards etc based on the IPC-7351 standard ... http://www.mentor.com/products/pcb-system-design/library-tools/lp-wizard/lp-viewer-download Rob
  14. R

AlibrePowered.com -

I've tried the 'share' facility a couple of times to reply but they don't seem to appear anywhere. I assume 'share' is the equivalent to 'reply' ?? Rob Firefox 7.0.1 / Win7 64
  15. R

Alibre MOI vs Regular MOI

Unfortunately I got Alibre Expert before the inclusion of MOI ! Just wondering, is there any difference between the MOI add on and the full MOI package direct purchase? The reason I ask is that it is more than 20% cheaper including all taxes to purchase directly from MOI rather than the add on...