What's new

Recent content by rollin45

1. R

Merry Christmas and the best wishes to Alibre's team and participants for 2018!

Heck yeah! Here's to 2018! Here's to hoping Alibre can hang in there, and fight their way back into the growing user base they had prior to the money boys trying to " roll up all the up and comers" into a good sales pitch for the next acquisition. Good plan as far as consolidating lots of...
  2. R

Alibre Vault

thank you!
  3. R

Alibre Vault

I've run into a little problem concerning Alibre vault, ie. M files. I've transferred all the files I could salvage from what has been the default storage, and now I am thinking I will go another direction and not use M-files any more. If I simply delete the program, what will this do to...
  4. R

2017.1 Soft launch is live

Downloaded and installed without a hitch, nice to have things "back up and running" ... rollin
  5. R

Webinar

I ended up being able to watch the webinar and I am very impressed with the quality of the both the webinar itself and the products showcased. rollin'
  6. R

Webinar

Thanks Kev, good news! rollin'
  7. R

Webinar

I just got an email announcing a Geomagic simulate webinar. The date is the 26th and unfortunately for me, I have other plans, so I am wondering if anyone knows whether this material will be posted online for viewing at a later date? rollin'
  8. R

an article that may be of interest

Thought I would put this up here as there may be some interest: http://www.deskeng.com/articles/aabkxy.htm
  9. R

"Philosophical" question: using precise placement

My workflow is typically insert part, precise placement to get orientations correct (rotating about axis', or edges), triad for proximity and constraints for placement, anchors for stability. Might be slow and cumbersome but it works for me. rollin'
  10. R

Geomagic/2013

The obvious solution to name" problem" (and one hopes it is possible) is to do "magic" with it! Arthur C. Clarke once said (paraphrasing) : any technology sufficiently advanced seems like magic. rollin'
  11. R

"Mate" or align two cones like screw into c-sink?

I think I will stick with inserting two planes, align the axis' of the screw and the hole, ... insert one plane perpendicular to the screw axis at a given "height" on the screw, could be the face of the screw or above or below this surface... a second plane defining a depth in the material that...
  12. R

2013 release ?

Just a stab in the dark here, but downloading exe. files, which these are will always flag files as "bad". Don't know if this is your issue here, but it seems likely to me. rollin'
  13. R

"Mate" or align two cones like screw into c-sink?

A workaround would be to insert some planes, one plane would be a given relationship to the screw, the other of course would be to the material the screw goes into, then by aligning the planes one could insert to any given depth. Not ideal by any means, but it would work. rollin'
  14. R

Chrome laptop?

Get some double sided sticky tape, and a couple of feet or so of the strong velcro strap. Make yourself a little tether so where ever you stick the laptop, you can throw a loop around something to keep it from falling/hitting the ground.
  15. R

Chrome laptop?

I bought a re-furbished HP from Tigerdirect. It was for a child to use with a reading program. There was an option to buy a one year warranty for not much money, I forget now just how much it was, but certainly reasonable. The machine has been happily running now for about six months. This...