What's new

Recent content by royinsb

1. R

Modeling Bicycle Frame Questions

Has this been suggested to Alibre here: http://feedback.alibre.com/forums/16127 ... uggestions? Being so new to Alibre I do not think I have the experience to properly phrase the feature request...I am willing to put it on the suggestion list if I can get some assistance with the description...
  2. R

Thanks bigseb! I will give this a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Cheers, Roy
  3. R

I am working to make a bicycle frame. I aligned the tubes via aligning the geometries of the tubes. I extruded the short tube using mid plane. Notice the parts are off of any organizing geometry. Is this a problem for when I want to add more frame tubes? Is there a way to, in place, shape...
  4. R

Rotating a part in an assembly

Thanks Lew, I now have my very own, and very dear $$$, 2012 Alibre Design Userguide! Thanks Norman, I will give this a good look!
  5. R

THANK YOU LEW!!! Got it...FLIP IS MY FRIEND!!! Is the manual you mentioned the "Alibre Design User Guide" or the "Alibre Exercise Manual" or something else? Another question if I may: Can I constrain the range of motion? to avoid overlapping of parts:
  6. R

Motion in Assembly Drawing

When I grab the foreground part, it slides both parts highlighted in blue along it's axis. When I grab the background part it does not move and is fixed to the part it's mated to. I want to be able to slide both parts. Before I changed the background part for cosmetic reasons, and it was the...
  7. R

I want to flip the parts highlighted in blue. The foreground part wants the bottom to be the top and the background part wants the outside to be inside.
  8. R

Parts not sliding after mate - SOLVED

After I set up a mate between two parts - mating one face on each part - the two parts then seem frozen together in all aspects. I would expect the parts to slide against each other along the faces where they are mated. I only mated one plane so I think the parts should move against each other...
  9. R

Modeling an Axial Cooling Fan

Thanks Jim :D I am learning how to step through a model to figure out what's happening. So your and Miles's model are very helpful to me to learn the tools and also the process of working in Alibre. Looks like a computer cooling fan - I need to be more open to looking at what's out there that...
  10. R

Re: Modeling an Axial Cooling Fan - V12 Thanks for your help Jim, but I am not savvy enough yet to sort out what you are doing and apply it to what I want to make... I made a curved vane but now I am not able to get it to rotate around the part like I did with the square vane...
  11. R

Re: Modeling a Cooling Fan Here is another view with "straight" vanes.
  12. R

I am attempting to make a cooling fan that screws onto the end of an electric motor. I created the model attached and have several questions: EDIT: This motor is an out-runner motor where the parts you see rotate around a stator core. 1. The fan should extract air from the motor. Once created...
  13. R

Process question

:oops: more egg on my face. Thanks Miles
  14. R

Process question

THANK YOU Harold, I will make it again using the concepts you outlined. I am having trouble getting at the editing aspect for this part - seems locked in some way. When I double click on the face nothing happens and I do not seem to be able to choose any edit ability from the menu. I am using...
  15. R

Process question

Thank you! I attached the model to this post.