What's new

Recent content by sacherjj

1. sacherjj

What do you use to manage File and Folder Versions? (Other than renaming versions...)

I'm finding FileHamster completely missing versions with empty files. Will disable Zip to see if that is a factor or if it is running into unable to copy open files. Continuing to play with this as a way of learning Rust development on windows and make cross platform. But in no rush.
  2. sacherjj

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

Good try, Ex Machina. Hopefully you shake the fever fast.
  3. sacherjj

What do you use to manage File and Folder Versions? (Other than renaming versions...)

FileHampster is fairly close to what I want, but not quite. I think you should be able to see a folder version that is a roll up of all the files below it. This is hard for them to do as all file versions are tracked via actual file names rather than a proper data structure. The Zip compression...
  4. sacherjj

Looks like FileHampster 2.0 shows Win 10 support.
  5. sacherjj

Is that through your company or personal? I've been trying to look at functionality and price for that and can't find anything without having to fill out a form. I worry about the "if you have to ask, you can't afford it."
  6. sacherjj

Advice welcome on linkage hinge

Also not sure about loading, it looks like a single door would allow solid beams span the full space. It seems like tons of force will be on the hinges when done as two cantilever doors.
  7. sacherjj

Advice welcome on linkage hinge

Bolts used in aircraft (AN hardware) are Cadmium plating as others have said, to go through aluminum. Also, depending on loading, you can also look at isolating metals with using UHMW bushings or similar. Stainless is best if you are going to pivot directly on the bolt. Otherwise I would have a...
  8. sacherjj

License issues, Linux, VM and the future of Alibre

I've actually moved my Linux workload to WSL2 and can run Linux GUI apps as Xwindows windows on Windows.
  9. sacherjj

So as a programmer, I typical version files with a source control system. This does work for Alibre files, but is a little more work that I'd like at times. I have not found a piece of software that I've thought of and don't know if it is out there and I missed it, or if no one has built it...
  10. sacherjj

Never done the thin extrude. Looks like a time saver with that last part. Well done. Just got a chance to watch it.
  11. sacherjj

You can game the system pretty easily as the weight values are on the client side in javascript. I've looked when I've tried to figure out if I should be bigger or smaller to figure out my error. So only really the video of a solve should be trusted. I'm not in it for the speed, just the...
  12. sacherjj

I went back to enter in an answer to one of the practice models. The page had timed out and I had to load it fresh and then finish it and submit. The time tracking doesn't work too well, is it seems like I suddenly rocketed up to #2 based on this fake time. Gonna be a while before I could really...
  13. sacherjj

Multi-material printing

I do a step file for each material. Then they load into the slicer in the same geometry and I say they are multiple pieces of the same part. The I assign filament type to each step.
  14. sacherjj

Multi-material printing

The multi material I have done is with the AMS on the Bambu X1C. This requires a purge per layer. I typically make a STEP for each material and import them the same time and then assign.
  15. sacherjj

Spice Holding Slider - My first real design in Alibre

We all have to go sometime. ;)