What's new

Recent content by scarr

1. S

Disappearing license

Perhaps, Alibre could offer a license that you could check out if you needed to work on another machine, with a time out of some set period. This would be tied to your account and would not be for continuous use, but for those times when you really need it (such as when you're on the road and...
  2. S

Glad to know the infallible Maker

On the matter of evolution....Diety may not be a choice if extinction overtakes us first, but then again moving towards diety status could be either a good thing or not depending on which diety you would choose as a role model :D
  3. S

It's always been my thinking that everyone is entitled to believe what they wish to believe as long as it harms no one else. My statements were merely a way to get folks to consider how absolutely unimaginably big and old the universe we live in happesn to be. No offense was meant.
  4. S

Oops-got carried away:-) with the text.
  5. S

And not simply an international forum. I'm sure members of all faiths are represented here, as well as those of us who hold non-religious perspectives. I feel a need to digress a bit here, many people use terms like millions and billions without having a good grasp of what they mean. A small...
  6. S

New User

http://www.carrdesignservices.com/Training2.htm I've got four tutorials that might help you get going. They are free, and folks seem to like them.
  7. S

Custom Material Import

Oops, I forgot where I was-perhaps CAD makes people mentally lazy too because they don't have to use pens and linen any longer to document their designs:-)
  8. S

Custom Material Import

All measurement systems are by their nature arbitrary. The metric system is by far (once you're conversant with it) the easiest, most intelligent system ever developed, driven by the scientific and engineering communities where communication and understanding is of critical importance. To say it...
  9. S

Is Alibre Blog Broken ??

You need to expend resources to Tweet;-) and there needs to be a business case and some tangible return to engage the social zoo. Perhaps the folks at Alibre have allocated their time and money to more value added pursuits. Just a thought.
  10. S

Alibre File Corrupted

The error in full..... java.lang.NullPointerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at com.alibre.design.server.Mating.getInclusionsAndMembers() at com.alibre.design.server.Mating.isSuppressed(Integer ownerConfigurationID) at...
  11. S

Alibre File Corrupted

Same error I received on a large assembly, now it can't be opened at all. This just started happening yesterday. I contacted Alibre support and will upload my file to them, but if this is occurring across multiple plateforms it makes me think something else is going on. I also ran into an issue...
  12. S

Forum Access Problems

You're quite welcome. Sorry it didn't help. I was curious to see if the URL's differed and if that made a difference. Maybe we'll see some movement towards resolving this issue this week-I'm also wondering if the level of internet traffic is to blame. With the holidays approaching maybe...
  13. S

Forum Access Problems

viewforum.php?f=1 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10103 viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10103&p=59652&e=59652 Try these links. These are the ones I revceive in the Forum notice e-mails-just wondering of they are the same you use to access the Forum.
  14. S

Forum Access Problems

That's my wife's job :lol: You knew that was coming, admit it :wink: The forum is still loading quickly and without a hitch-I'm trying to stay on topic :shock: :D
  15. S

Forum Access Problems

The Forum e-mail I'm used to receiving disappeared for a while then came back. That happens from time to time (sun spot cycle perhaps) but no issue with anything else. Oh, and Ma Nature doesn't care about computers, or global warming, or the stock market, or what anyone thinks about any of it...