What's new

Recent content by siggy

1. S

Didn't these used to work?

Re: Mike - yes the grinder is complete and in Mike W's hands. Were you going to do an article on it? He told me he has some "other projects up my sleeve" so maybe you'll get some good content now and in the future if you're patient...
  2. S

Didn't these used to work?

Re: Didn't these used to work? Mike - instead of trying to select the non-straight line at the top or bottom of the hole, select one of the straight lines on either LH or RH side of your hole, right click and pick insert center. I just tried it on the drawing...
  3. S

Hole callout when doing a counter drilled, drilled hole

I just got a response from Alibre support on this issue. I've read it several times and still can't believe it. Support's suggestion to me is to MANUALLY ADD THE MISSING INFORMATION! No mention that this is a program bug. No mention that it should work this way. Nothing. I'm sorry but...
  4. S

Hole callout when doing a counter drilled, drilled hole

Hole callout when doing a counter drilled, drilled hole Using the hole tool I place a Counter Drilled, Drilled hole in a part. C-drill dia = .177, C-drill depth = .250, drill depth=Thru, drill dia=.136. The callout generated on the 2d drawing just shows 0.136 depth THRU. Why doesn't it...
  5. S

Hole callouts in imported solids

Unfortunately, I now have a stable of quite a few examples of these imported files that show this behavior. I'll see if I can post an example and if not see if I can create a non-proprietary example of the issue. As for checking hole callouts when creating the drawing - I've tried it that...
  6. S

Re: But, to be clear, this issue is NOT with holes there were already in the imported part. The holes I'm having problems with are holes that I added to the imported part using the native Alibre hole tool. Robert
  7. S

Hole callouts in imported solids I have a part that was originally done in AutoCAD. I've imported it into Alibre and added some holes using the Alibre hole tool. The design history shows the original solid plus the two added holes as expected. Problem is, when I...
  8. S

Dimension did not update!

I can confirm this problem. I don't see it all that often but I've seen it enough to be concerned about it. Robert
  9. S

Can't delete sketch constraint

I don't have any problems with deleting constraints when the constraint symbol is visible. However, a complaint of mine and others for several versions now is that in some instances constraints exist on the sketch that don't have a corresponding symbol on the sketch. Whenever this happens the...
  10. S

Trim Figure & V10 - Painfully slow response

I am experiencing this as well. As previously stated, it generally happens on fairly complex sketches. It isn't that it gets progressively slower as the sketch gets larger, its as if everything works fine one trim then the next takes 30 seconds. Whenever this slowdown begins I generally...
  11. S

Loft with guide curve

Re: I'm not following you. I tried moving planes 1, 2 and 3 around and I still get the error. Removing the guide curve still results in a loft with a wrinkle in the upper RH corner. Maybe I'm not understanding what you've suggested...
  12. S

Loft with guide curve

Loft with guide curve Guys - I need some help understanding what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to do a loft with a guide curve but can't seem to get anything but an error message saying "BAD_UV_NET_DIR: Surface U and V are in the same or opposite...
  13. S

Loft with guide curve problem part

Loft with guide curve problem part Here is the part from my post in the "Using AD" section. Robert
  14. S

funny looking lines going off to nowhere

Re: funny looking lines going off to nowhere I' haven't seen this with V 10 but I did experience it in previous versions. Ultimately, I discovered that there was some sort of inconsistency in my 3D model that was causing the oddball lines. Every case also involved a spline...
  15. S

V10 Bugs

I haven't done much with 2D drawings yet since upgrading but sketching is giving me fits. It seems like construction points inserted in a sketch are now flagged as open loops or disjointed lines, which cause the sketch and subsequent feature to fail. I also get a lot of disjoint sketches...