What's new

Recent content by Spooks

1. Spooks

Code viewing

This sounds like what I have in mind, only I was thinking of just writing the whole script out in a simple text file (notepad) copying it in, and running it. In my particular case, I will be running a profile through different locations in identical parts around some static geometry. so the...
  2. Spooks

Code viewing

My only real personal experience with any sort of scripting is in configuring cisco switch ports. With that, i was able to receive config info for many port assignments and fill in the port specific data for each individual port via script, and then run the whole thing at once. Done. My hope was...
  3. Spooks

Code viewing

Thank you!
  4. Spooks

Code viewing

Thanks for your reply! I am using expert, but have practically no coding experience. I have just begun dabbling in python with the sole purpose of being able to make more complex parts faster in Alibre. The learning curve is rough however. Thanks again simonb65!
  5. Spooks

Code viewing

Thanks for your reply Cator! Much appreciated!
  6. Spooks

Code viewing

Sorry for the newb question! Is there a way to view the code of a part that is created already? For instance, If i were to draw a 1" square and extrude boss to 1" making a 1" cube using the toolbar icons, is there a way to view the code of the part? My intent is to learn how to script on Alibre...