What's new

Recent content by SPT68VA

1. S

PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT REQUESTS

I haven't been on for a while. I thought there used to be a section for requesting specific product improvements. Do such requests now go in the general discussion section? Thanks.
  2. S

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

I use M-Files with Alibre. I will be migrating to the Alibre PDM once it is available.
  3. S

Basic check-in, check-out, part and assembly search by properties (not just file name) etc.

FYI. I have M-Files from my original Alibre Expert purchase. I continue to use it and have maintained annual support with M-Files to keep the package current. When my M-Files maintenance subscription came up for renewal last fall I learned that M-Files has a new policy. They require a...
  4. S

Move away from M-Files

I just sent Max an email containing my needs for a PDM solution. For now I'm still using M-Files. I have been on active maintenance with them for a couple of years. I just upgraded to the 2018 version this morning and like the updated interface. Not all users need metadata with their CAD...
  5. S

CONTROLLING REVISIONS BETWEEN M-FILES AND ALIBRE DRAWINGS

I've been using Alibre/Geomagic along with the M-Files vault sparingly for a few years now. I'm increasing my usage and have run into the following problem. As I revise models in M-Files it is straightforward to update the model used in a next higher assembly through the replace command. I...