What's new

Recent content by TJI

1. T

Which Constraint

Hi DBC, you don't have to calculate half the line length. Just draw a horizontal line and dimension it, like 1.234. Then dimension from one of line ends to the plane or axis and enter 1.234/2 or use the parameter like D1/2.
  2. T

Round Rod Angled Cutoff

Hi piercepi, I have the "magic" button and I'm using Xpress. In the feature toolbar on the far right, push the fly-out arrow under the "push-pull" feature. On mine "push-pull" and "remove" are grayed out but "draft surface" is on. Also you can click on "feature" at the top and then "draft".
  3. T

Our free thumbnail viewer is available...V11.2

Problem solved, I took indesign's advice from an unrelated topic and disabled the UAC. The viewer works great again :mrgreen: . Thanks indesign and thank you again Ralf for the viewer.
  4. T

Center line cut in drawing a long bar?

Hi Toshi, you could just remove the center line. It doesn't appear to be needed to understand the drawing.
  5. T

Our free thumbnail viewer is available...V11.2

Hi, the thumbnail viewer worked great, then my operating system (vista 32) was wiped out by a windows service pack. Yesterday I downloaded the viewer again and followed the instructions like before, but this time when I restart the computer it still shows alibre icons but no thumbnails. Tried...
  6. T

Can't create revolved cut using the sketch line as an axis

Here are two more work-arounds that will work with your original sketch. 1. If you set the plate to isometric view you can easily select the top line of the sketch or the top of the plane. Move the pointer around very carfully where these two meet and you can select the right or left lines of...
  7. T

Since the sketch spans from top to bottom, span it a little more. This will give you 4 edges to select. The cut will be the same. I also could not select the sketch or sketch edges if the sketch was "inside" the plate.
  8. T

Hi mprice214, make sure you toggle sketches on. Either push ( Ctrl + Shift + K ) or click on View and make sure "Sketches" is checked. There is also a toolbar with the toggle sketches button, just click on View - Toolbars. If sketches are not toggled on you may see the sketch when you click on...
  9. T

trim model for rookies

Hi bcro, you could model it the way you suggest, but try it an easier way (open attached file). Hold your pointer over the sketches and features in the design explorer to light them up on the model. Right click on a sketch or feature in the design explorer and click "edit" to see how each was...
  10. T

Alibre Cam Gallery

Would you guys and gals out there like to post some pictures of things you've made using Alibre Cam. Cam version? Post processor? CNC machines used? PRETTY PLEASE :D
  11. T

Sample Training Video Trouble?

Someone posted awhile back about not being able to watch the sample training videos from the website. I had the same problem. I'm using windows vista home basic and windows media player 11. Give this a try. 1. Right click the video you what to see 2. Click " Save Target As... " 3. Choose where...
  12. T

Challenge Of The Day: Vertex Radius

Here is my attempt. I started with a triangle draft extruded at 30 deg., inserted a point at a vertex, chamfered the vertex, inserted an axis for sketch rotation using the point and the chamfer face (seemed to work well on a cube), inserted a plane along the drafted edge passing through the axis...
  13. T

Toolbar Trouble

Hi Ralf, not sure what you mean. Boat anchor monitor with picture tube. Screen resolution set at 1024 x 768. I Tried to change it but it just goes back. Hi indesign, no system reboot, just opened another assembly window and now it works fine. I should mention this happened after a fresh...
  14. T

Toolbar Trouble

This is crazy. I just opened a new assembly window, rechecked the toolbar boxes, and now all 8 toolbars are visible :?: .
  15. T

Toolbar Trouble

Hi Ralf, I deleted the User.NET.profile and restarted Alibre. This time all 8 toolbars were visible in the part window, but when I tried to select toolbars in the assembly window I got the error shown. Something strange, as I clicked the toolbar boxes on and off the design explorer window would...