What's new

Recent content by vortec62

1. V

Program to generate Hardware

I haven't done much to it other than the scaling stuff above. I'm not going to be able to spend any time on it for a few weeks because of holidays, vacations, etc. Dialogs would be good. My original intent was to use data in a spreadsheet and generate a whole library of hardware in one shot.
  2. V

I was trying to post all the code but it is too long for the forum I guess :x
  3. V

I worked on the scaling tonight and came up with the following observations/code... ' Figure out what MODEL units we're working with. ' Alibre default is cm. Why? Nobody uses cm...they use mm or inch! ' Suspect we'll only see different model units on imported stuff...
  4. V

I bet the code would work in the older versions of VB... Try making a new form in you version of VB, create a button, then double click on it. This should create a section of code that will run when the button is clicked. You can then copy the appropriate section of code from the source...
  5. V

Program to generate hardware

Program to generate hardware See the API forum for more info... This a very basic partialy working start of a program to generate capscrew models for use with AD. Made using Visual Studio(Basic).NET 2003.
  6. V

Program to generate Hardware I'm working on a program to automagically generate capscrews for use with AD. The ones from the library are fine but it takes forever to go get them. I am working on two solutions at this time. The first one involves modeling a...
  7. V

SEARCHABLE REPOSITORY!!! WHEN??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm routing wiring harness through frames. There are several versions of the harness...all routed through the same frame. Somewhat of a unique circumstance :wink:
  8. V

I hate to keep refering to Pro/E but that is what I use at work and I know how the functionality of the file storage system on it works. For assy's it has a save-as and a backup function. Back-up saves the assy and all parts/sub-assys with their current names in a new folder. Save-As is a...
  9. V

This is good. This is more like I thought it should work...I think I mis-understood a previous post :roll: The rename function is an excellent thing to have too. Renaming can create lots of havoc with Pro/E, and I would guess Alibre too, if you don't use a PDM tool....sometimes even with...
  10. V

This, IMHO, in not a good thing. I thought the repository was similar to other PDM type tools in that it was a database of your parts and assys. If you have many copies of a part floating around how do you know which one is "current". Say you change one of your parts that is used in many...
  11. V

In addition to searching the repository there should also be a "where used" function so you can figure out which assemblies use a particular part. This is important because if you modify a part that is used in many assemblies they could all start having regeneration problems.
  12. V

version 8 help files

There is another download section on the Alibre website. It is under the support section. You will have to log in to be able to download the help file installer.
  13. V

Mechanical hardware

Pro/E does this too. It is extremely handy. One nice thing about family table parts in Pro/E is that you can "replace" them with other parts from the same family table without having to re-constrain any other parts that may have a reference to them. I haven't played with it yet but isn't AD...
  14. V

Pipe/Plumbing Design in the works?

If you are going to need a piping tool you will most likely want a schematic/diagram drawing tool of some kind. This is on feature I wish Alibre had.
  15. V

Changes not updating when editing from within assy

Hello...I'm new here. I got AD Pro on Dec 24th so I haven't played with it too much yet. I did notice this same problem. I created some parts...Put them in an assembly...went back to part window and modified part...went back to assembly windodw and did a regen. The part did not update in...